Orange Clockwork 1991

respray, re-paint, re-finish.

I have seen 'SINNERMAN's' Clockwork in the flesh and i can confirm that the paint/decals/finish is exeptional, the finish to the paint is probably better than when it left the factory 20+ years ago.

The job that he has done brings the bike back from the brink of the abandonment to a gorgeous rider.

As for your bike, like averyone else has said keep the original colour unless it is completly knackered, then spend some dollar and use the company that sinnerman used. They are very good.

re cutting the grips off - I have been able to save most grips, by using an old spoke with the end cut off, and easing it inside the grip, with some liberal use of the old GT85 with little tube attachment, and once its in all the way spin it round and it should release the grip eventually,without too much internal damage.

Stick them back on using some vidal sasoon finest hairspray. :)

depends on what nick theyre in in thefirst place of course

Day off work today, no riding so spent the morning cleaning and polishing.

Gone from this:
DSCF1440.jpg

To this:
bike004.jpg

bike005.jpg

Camera struggles to pick up the neon-ness, but take my word for it, it's bright!

orange

thats cleaned up real nice, imho, and the paint looks in far better overall condition than mine was when it turned up...!!!!

ill will look forward to seeing what you end up doing!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Cheers!

It has some battle scars, but that's to be expected really. The majority of them are on the chainstays.

Don't think I'll bother getting it re-sprayed. At least, not just yet.

New saddle arrived this afternoon, new grips are on the way, as is the new chain. New Wheels should be dispatched on weds. Hopefully, I'll win this XT chainset I'm bidding on tonight.

Once the grips arrive, I can ditch the awful stem and put the stalk back on.

I'll see what the 281 rims look like when they arrive, but I MIGHT actually have the 231s put on the XT hubs. hmmmm.

231's always go well with Clockwork's. I'd get some amber wall tyres as well then it'll look ace. :cool: Looks really tidy after the clean up so I'd defo leave as is.

Right, I'd call this finished now although I'm not sure of the bar/stem combo. I have some black "Exotic" scandium bars in the garage, might swap them over or maybe change the stem for a black or silver one. Then again, I may not bother :

Frame and Forks: 1991 Orange Clockwork
Chainset: Shimano LX
Mechs (F&R): Shimano LX
Wheels: XT M732/730 36H hubs laced to Mavic M281 CD rims.
Tyres: Schwalbe Spezial City Jet
Brakes: Deore V-Brakes with XT Levers
Shifters: Deore 7sp Rear and XC Pro Front Thumbies
Stem: Orange stalk 150mm
Saddle: Ragley Cheeky (not exactly retro, but comfy)
Bars: Ritchey ForceLite
Grips: Posbikes Nitrile
Pedals: Wellgo

Weight: 25.14lbs

clockwork001.jpg

clockwork002.jpg

clockwork010.jpg

clockwork006.jpg

clockwork007.jpg

clockwork008.jpg

clockwork009.jpg

clockwork005.jpg