Orange - Aluminium-O 1992

GT-Steve":qdaigsvj said:
I had it on good authority, from a purveyor of the 'O' that the FR Mech was a 28.6 clamp... Maybe I'll measure mine now I have the frame, rather than listening to advice... :oops: :oops: :oops: :cry:

:oops: :oops: .....Sorry Steve. It should be a 31.8mm clamp. Apologies.
I run a 'Band-on' XT front mech on the Stealth black 'O'...that gets round any sizing problems! :oops: :oops:

Watching with Interest.
boy"O"boy

Good news, I have a new gear cable hanger which is straight and also came with a back plate. Not sure I need that plate or not.
Have some Wheels/tyres, front mech
Forks are switch to some modern one's '97 JUDY SL as they fit. I don't have a long enough 1 1/8" steerer (threaded or ahead) for the MAGs I can spare.

Frame seems to be spaced for 130mm rear wheel, not 135mm. But hey easy enough to fit the 135mm in.

I thin kit'll build ride, see if it' ok. Then if so peel/crack the plastic paint coat off as it's in places it shouldn't be and taking a bit off means a whole section come away, lol.

fluffychicken in aluminiun bike shocker.

do you think it's been enamel coated? that is thick, comes off in great lumps and looks a bit like plastic?

I did finally take her out for a ride :)
It was a few weeks back now and I just remembered I was sent some pics.
and as usual for me it was finished just before the ride, in fact I think this was actually finished in the car park before the ride :oops:

It rode well, better than I was expecting, not sure I would like it with shorter forks. Oddly comfy... well up until there were bump on the path.

And what better way to treat some nice amberwalls other than dump them in the Humber Estuary.

Only a few mechanicals, like my pedal ripping out and making even a helicoil an impracticality, but riding one footed shows the benefits of spd's
The rear mech, due to the late final build, has a very loose complete jockey cage I hadn't noticed/forgotten about and so gear changes where interesting, made doubly worse by the utter crap budged '200' gripshift, I'll stick to 500/600 I think.

987's & 231CD are a crap compination and I'm sure there where a few other niggles, but hey ho all the more fun.

Pictures expertly taken by ChrisV40
DSC00296.jpg

DSC00307.jpg

DSC00308.jpg

The proper way to fix a bike
DSC00309.jpg

Latest posts

Back