operation clockwork

Pulling up a chair for this one :cool:

How about the classic black frame with orange decals for this? That way you could get it powder coated. Cost's much less then getting the orange/white replaced in wet paint.

this is my unicorn been wanting one of these for the past 20 years ,im a man with not much cash but she will be restored to her former beauty

If cash is short then why not try doing it yourself?
Nitromors the frame, to strip it, wire wool at prep it. A few thin coats of good quality primer, then a couple of coats of pearl white.

Mask the centre of the frame and spray a couple of coats of ornage, then remove the mask to paint the final coat of orange and do the fade.

Stickers from Gil_M and the laquer the whole lot.

I reckon this could be done for around £50-£60 including all materials and stickers, plus the satisfaction of having done it all yourself!

Just had call from engineer friend who's trying to free seized post ,he was inspecting frame whilst haveing a brew and has noticed a crack running the full length of the bb ,so looks like I'm going to have to keep my eyes peeled for another frame

Bloody hell :shock:
Sorry Nobby, I didn't even look at the BB area as I didn't get as far as trying to remove it.
Surprised to hear that a steel tube has split like that though...I'd take a look yourself mate.
Dont worry about the shipping costs...I should have checked it properly before sending :oops:

Back