one more wont hurt....famous last words

MarinMartin

Marin Fan
hey guys. apologies for not being on here for ages. computer breaking, plus new job plus god knows what else meant internet was limited to necessities only. But don't worry I'm all fixed now.

while I was gone I've accumulated a few bikes. mainly through fixing bikes up for charity. I've fixed everything from apollos, falcons, raleigh activators (as in this one)

to some stuff you wouldnt believe including a marin palisades trail that was left behind when the owners moved. Its amazing what people consider just taking to the dump or have sat in their shed for years.

but anyway here's a couple I've bought for myself.

first up someone told me they had an old bike sat in the shed for years I could have. being a bike addict I couldn't resist a free bike and went to collect this. Ive changed the tyres to slick road ones now for commuting purposes (these were just what I had lying around) but bar some minor damage to top tube decal this raleigh mantis is in near mint condition. I know it's nothing special but I remember seeing these and admiring the paintjob so much.

now the other. interesting story. I went to buy a front wheel for one of my project bikes (for a whole 5 pounds), and the seller told me he had the frame and a few other bits ,after he stripped it for parts, that I could have with the wheel for no extra charge. Went to collect with no idea of what to expect and this is what greeted me. An old Diamondback sorrento. building it from budget/parts bin parts to make something as cheap as possible to do a charity event with. Ive always wanted an old diamondback and don't care about specs/quality etc so finding this for a fiver made my day to say the least.

I know they aren't the top quality Konas (although I have a modern kona in progress) etc but I still love them. In fact I know it sounds strange but I seem to fall for some of these low spec raleighs, falcons etc more than the top spec bikes.

Attachments

• mantis.jpg
    mantis.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 242
  • db.jpg
    db.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 241
  • activator.jpg
    activator.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 241
Back