one mans junk is another mans treasure : Dawes/Giant

jonnymcenroe

Beating Jimmy Connors
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hey :)

Cheesing!!

Just been out for a walk this summers evening; and discovered 2 bikes beside the bins on our street! Joy!

Seems to be a circa 1992 16" Dawes MountainTrack in decent nick - full 200GS groupset in lovely satin purple.
(anyone have archive photo's at all?!)
Will be building this pour moi.

And also a lovely Purple Ladies Giant H-ollywood with SL-TY31 Thumbies.
(any idea on age/ageing? Lumo green stickers :cool: )
Will be building this pour le missus.

Like this just purple :
avsom5929.jpg

Only been on the site for a month or two and constantly day-dreaming about bikes of the retro variety to get my teeth cut into - and these two pop up on my street! Joy! :)

Will fire up photos when my flatmate gets back from the Kelburn Garden party with the camera.

Keep 'em peeled folks! There's gold in them there hills. ;)

Well done... a great score (especially when it's free). I'm kicking myself now, but about a year ago a fella in my street had a skip with an old Trek (I think?) in it... I just left it there for days until the skip left. Silly, silly boy.....

Good luck with your builds, look forward to seeing the pics.

dyna-ti":10gdm7jp said:
Keep 'em peeled folks! There's gold in them there hills.

Theres usually just shit@ in our street

Ken, there was an unusually large amount of shit on my block the other day there too... like, all aboot it.
Thought it was that crazy lady walking her 10 dogs and they'd all stopped for a dump at the pelican crossing; then i realised she'd have to be on some mammoth jaunt as she lives like 10 miles away, in the sticks.
:S

Back