On balance, I still am not a fan of e-bikes (previously known as ‘I just don’t get E bikes’)

I am actually thinking about extending my car drivers license to light electric motorcycles by taking some classes (125cc/11kw limit). Imo these make much more sense than a pedal assisted bicycle. There are already plenty of roads and no need to build more bike lanes, riders can go at competitive speeds and don’t block traffic/no dangerous overtaking, you don’t have to pedal when in fact you don’t want to, no useless alibi cranks and cogs, leave cycle ways to cyclists, ….
2022-bmw-ce-04-scooter-mini-review.jpg
Doesn't sound like a bad idea :)

OOOPS I LOVE MY TREK POWERFLY EMTB and I also have a FOCUS JARIFRA EMTB for my partner. These bikes let us go much farther on a day out ride now, and the TREK has massive pannier bags for anything and everything we might need on a day out. WE are both mid 70's, and you DON'T need to USE the assistance all the time, (we never do that) both have Bosch Performance CX drive units, and they are really great with five levels of assistance One being NONE to Five woo hoo TURBO mode the only downside I can see for me is the weight doubly so compared to my alloy Cannondale SM600 and my partners ClaudButler ROCK Ladies AL7005 alloy frame bike

Doesn't sound like a bad idea :)
With the low quality of today's average driver and the fact that they are not concentrating on driving but have about a hundred other things going on in their heads and being a long term motorcyclist 50 or so years now IT IS NOT A GOOD IDEA REALLY. I made eye contact with one, and she still pulled out in front of me, THAT TESTED THE ABS brake function on the Honda Pan Euro Mobike I was riding. Had I not had nice new tyres and superb brakes, I would have had to lay the bike down and get off it and let the bike crash into the car.

You didn't make eye contact. They looked in your direction for oncoming CARS. Seeing none they went ahead. They were looking right through you.
There are a couple places where I cross roads with 45mph speed limts. I use the pedestrian cross signals there. Typically 3 cars will run though the active crosswalk. I think the record is now 6 of them. if the first car sees me and decides to stop, the 2nd and 3rd cars will almost plow into him since they are still accelrating to run the light. That's right accelerating from 50mph to run the pedestrian crosswalk. BTW the crosswalk signal there are less than a year old. If cars #2 or #3 go off into the grass swale they take out the crosswalk signal controls. One of them was replaced twice in about 3 months. At certain times of day school children are lined up there with a crossing guard posted. All the Crosswalk Ahead warning signs are new too. They've gone to brekaway fittings on the posts so they can reuse the concrete plug in the ground.
There are a couple photos in this thread.

Last edited:
Back