On a serious note...please read...

Thanks mr mtbfix, I was pooping myself!

Thank god! The worlds good again.

Al. ;)

well if this comes law. then the tourists in london will be in big trouble. they are always having their picture taken with the p**s. Why do they!!!!! I don't travel miles on holiday to then ask a plod for a picture.
plus non of the women officers are hot :LOL:

this is a bad law. i thought labour was in power. :roll: 'pinkos' :twisted:

You say none of the WPCs are hot? The Sun managed to snap a fairly attractive lady officer lugging skunk out of a cannabis factory in today's copy.

Poor hippies. First they get brutalised in The City then the cops come and take away all the weed!

mtbfix":l9837qt3 said:
For a moment of balance, the police do not pass laws. They simply enforce laws put in place by the poloticians that we elect. The article itself says 'The law states that if anyone takes a picture of a policeman/woman/officer in duty it will be considered illegal if they prove connections to terrorism.' So if you are not a terrorist you are unaffected.

Are we really going to lump all the police out there doing a job we do not want to into the same rotten pot as the guys alledgedly 'lashing out' at protesters (even if no evidence is put forward to prove or disprove any aggravating circumstances leading up to the incident)?

You are not allowed to take photos in museums either and we own the stuff in them. Does this deserve a petition?

Come on folks, lets not fall into the 'police state' panic that certain sectors of society would have us believe that we are 'sleep walking into'.

And breathe....

I don't think anyone is stereotyping the police as anything. It is that very small minority of incidents that we should be concerned about, and have provision to guard against.
As for ''proving connections with terrorism'', well we know how spurious or vaguely-defined that may be.
And regarding not being able to take photos in museums, well I can't recall many examples of people being beaten up by old works of art or ancient artefacts.

For me, it's got nothing to do with the principle of personal liberty,-a lot of that stuff is BS, it's about fundamental honesty and transparency.

I was simply providing a point of balance. Do you know anyone who has ever been wrongly arrested on terror charges or beaten up by the police? You might but probably you don't. Usual media hype as they have acquired some juicy photos and video at no cost to themselves as certain groups have an axe to gring.

Now being able to arrest climate protestors for thinking about protesting. That I have an issue with.

erm,yes!

I have been on the end of police violence. On more than one occasion.

I may also owe my life to a mounted police officer. In 1984 i was attacked by Leeds United fans outside Maine Road. With out the aid of the police on this occasion, i would have been stabbed.
I may not have lost my life, but it would have smarted some what!!

Al.

Give the police more powers and bigger batons I say! Bring back the birch! They should be able to arrest anyone they suspect to be a Chav and people who drive slowly on the outside lane should be shot without trial.

Seriously. All that civil liberty stuff used to bother me once upon a time- I was giving my best in the Poll Tax Riots in London as a youth. Then I moved to the countryside and mellowed to such an extent that I couldn't give a toss. The urban parts of the world have all gone to the dogs, it's horrible. Out here it's just quiet Market town life and empty trails. Much better for ones soul.

I'm off to ride my bike now.

Si

Latest posts

Back