Olympics: Get Over It Already, It's Just A Bronze..

It's just the BBC hyping up the shitty minority sports they have left since Sky and BT took anything people actually want to watch.

old_coyote_pedaller":125gayww said:
al-onestare":125gayww said:
highlandsflyer":125gayww said:
I would rather be at the bottom of a real sport like sailing.

Yeah, that diving, piece of piss isn't it? No physical training or years of dedicated commitment needed. No competitive edge either.

Keep coming with those prejudices!

He's got a point.
Any "sport" that relies on several judges giving their opinion on what they have seen, i.e. not measured or timed, that is based on criteria such as artistic merit which is open to the abuse of bias, prejudice even, isn't a "proper" sport. Stop watches, tape measures don't lie, can record a sports performance that can be compared to performances past, present and future.

So goodbye football, rugby, tennis, badminton, judo or any martial arts, weightlifting and even half of the track events. And everything else I've missed that involves human intervention or judging.

Welcome to sports with robots!

al-onestare":2pn7dfoa said:
So goodbye football, rugby, tennis, badminton, judo or any martial arts, weightlifting and even half of the track events. And everything else I've missed that involves human intervention or judging.
Eh? Ball sports (and badminton) have clearly defined objective parameters, in or out. Whilst there is an element of 'judging' on close calls it's hardly the same as diving or figure skating. Likewise anything on track is timed, the only 'judging' that goes on is in disputes over lane discipline or suchlike.

There's a big difference between judging if a lift or throw is legal and judging artistic merit in a dance competition masquerading as sport.

I'm rather happy Sagan doesn't get any extra points in the green jersey competiton for his wheelies and stuff. On the other hand...

:facepalm:

Re:

Well, I can't see them taking out gymnastics any time soon.

Water polo has a result, but I wouldn't include it tbh!

Mike

Re:

Azizulhasni Awang is probably the only Malaysian track cyclist you've ever heard of, if at all. He comes from a small town on the quiet East coast. Malaysia has no indoor velodrome. His local government sports council declined to sponsor him with a bicycle. He goes abroad for training. Rio is his third Olympics, he came 10th in Beijing, 6th in London and now 3rd in Rio (Keirin). It is Malaysia's first ever olympic medal in cycling and the Malaysian public are delighted with his achievement even though it's "just a bronze".

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 427
I think this is worth a gold medal. It did win one after all.

Bring back the art and sculpture competition.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    34.1 KB · Views: 413
Back