Olympic chit chat

Re:

Yeah, I heard about those Blue ribbon events ?? Where a new WR gets a £1M bonus or something. He's that good or used to be he could run a time on demand. I'd just love to have seen him go flat out all the way past the line :| FloJo's 100M women's record should be scrapped. It's well known she was on juice bitd.

Full respect to the RSA guy for blowing the 400m time to pieces from lane 8. Give that man some serious adulation and Murray....what a
Match....macho slog fest to the end.

With all the suspensions and talk about drug cheats and even historical sample testing, it's no wonder certain countries suddenly are way down the medal league table and GB is doing so well. Long may it continue and hope even more funding goes into cycling and Uk sport. Downhill needs to be an Oly sport too.

Re:

No expert on track cycling, but wondering how Cav managed to get eliminated early from the Omnium elimination race due to what seems a very obvious infringment? For a world class rider with serious medal capability and his well known desire of a so-far elusive Olympic gold, it seems hard to imagine why he'd complete a deliberate overtaking manouvre on an 'illegal' section of the track infield - inside the black line. It's so obvious on the replays, a lengthy overtake, not just a split moment across the black line which one might explain in the heat of the moment.
Puzzling.
What do you make of it?

Re:

Michael Johnson had the 400m record for 17 years! A measure of the man .
Speaks his mind too, doesn't say 'yeah, no ' all the time. Doesn't just agree with presenter's comments.

Didn't see the Omnium, but I think he's ridden the track for long enough to know what's what

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":yv0prtcd said:
Didn't see the Omnium, but I think he's ridden the track for long enough to know what's what

Exactly, making his illegal overtake yet more puzzling, or?

Re:

Cav was the only GB rider in a pack of seven (i think) competitors of other nations. Not sure who he overtook, i only got to see it briefly. Seemed like he was near the back, wanted to move up the order and deliberately chose to ride below the black line.
On some track disciplines riding below the black line is permitted (two-up sprint races for example). It looked a bit like he forgot the rules for the Omnium. Strange.

Re:

I think it Cav was just panicking as the whole group had caught up, and he didn't want to be dropped. He just ran out of room, but I was a bit surprised by the misjudgement. Personally, I think the elimination race is one of the most entertaining track events!

Re:

Sounds like the Devil take the hindmost race.

I won one once you know! Went off on my own and stayed away, riding around until everyone else was eliminated! :LOL:

'Strue!

Won a few other races too! Albeit a weekly evening meeting

Mike

Re:

Well, Cav got his medal, but I don't think he's come out of it looking too good.

That dive and crash made him look like a win at all cost, couldn't care a less arrogant t*sser, especially as he didn't even glance back to see who he'd hit.

Re:

Only just seen that incident. Can't believe he wasn't d/qed. Didn't even flinch when he felt the impact, stayed on his line.
Had he been on the receiving end, he'd have thrown all his toys out of the pram!

Glad he didn't get gold

Back