Oldschool Downhill Video

fantastic,really makes you appreciate the evolution of cycling today,even tho some of us know that retro really is cooler.............not safer tho lol

ah quill stems.....

stop you busting a perfectly good bar.

and no tools needed to return them to straight.

luverly.

;]

Brilliant! :D

How about a RetroBIKE downhill race!?! I've still got my body armour from when I rode the SAMS downhills in 1997. Saying that, my work have just reduced my BUPA coverage.... :shock:

absolutely awesome vid...had me in stitches...i am not the only one who has hurled his bike then :D

Splatter Paint":32g7hjlx said:
Brilliant! :D

How about a RetroBIKE downhill race!?! I've still got my body armour from when I rode the SAMS downhills in 1997. Saying that, my work have just reduced my BUPA coverage.... :shock:

Every time I have a bash round the trails I keep thinking about trying to put on an old skool DH race...except I wouldnt have a clue where to start!

That was classic. Brings back memories of early NEMBA downhils BITD.
I like the one were the rider was going so fast there was never a chance he was gonna make the corner, and he didn't and ended up down the field. Reminds me a bit of my riding style back then.
As so many have said in previous posts "why had nobody thought to drop the post a couple of inches?" Narrow flat bars and all the weight over the front end was never gonna be a winner was it?
That vid has made my crappy week seem better now. :LOL:
Glad i had the chance to be part of that scene but glad there are no too may photos to prove it. :oops:

That was brilliant the best ive seen in a while,thanks I M :D

I cant help thinking how far we've come on braking and tyre wise.
Front ends skidding out all over and definitive proof [should further be needed]that cantis do not work,and i imagine theirs were set up perfectly ;)
Is the camera angle on the steepness of that hill deceptive :?
probably is a lot steeper that it looks ,but i does look kind of tame.

Some of them ,the disc wheel guy @ 4:22 in particular, must have had balls of cro-mo :shock: his simple solution was ,if you brake you fall,so you dont brake :LOL: :LOL:

Orange 71
you laugh but that was me on my full suss yesterday going down a rutted descent
Which rider,what time on the clock were you?[the vid counter that is]

I would never laugh

:roll:

that...............................was.........................................amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

loved the taco'd wheels and tantrums lol!

Back