Official Retrobike MM thread - ONE WEEK LEFT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Ned":gbgrcvp5 said:
Has a team mechanic(s) been appointed? Also bike washer/cleaner/lubricator/battery charger etc.?

I'm not necessarily volunteering but it is an important aspect to consider as it leaves the riders free to concentrate on their riding and not worrying about their bikes so much.

However, I suppose that RB riders are so attached to their bikes that they may not want anyone else to touch them! :)

Well, if you want to volunteer...... ;)

Pickle":2yq0q4l5 said:
Old Ned":2yq0q4l5 said:
Has a team mechanic(s) been appointed? Also bike washer/cleaner/lubricator/battery charger etc.?

I'm not necessarily volunteering but it is an important aspect to consider as it leaves the riders free to concentrate on their riding and not worrying about their bikes so much.

However, I suppose that RB riders are so attached to their bikes that they may not want anyone else to touch them! :)

Well, if you want to volunteer...... ;)

Have the retrobike groupies been aranged ?

My list of things to do is growing! And I'm getting nervous - haven't raced anything since 1996!

MadCowKev":1d99noxk said:
My list of things to do is growing! And I'm getting nervous - haven't raced anything since 1996!

1993 was my last race !!

and lots to do too .

MadCowKev":3uaxyn1h said:
And I'm getting nervous - haven't raced anything since 1996!

Agree 110%

But, I keep reminding myself this is 24hrs.....not a 1 1/2 hour mad dash!Doesnt stop the butterflies though!!

Pickle":1jvmvyf5 said:
MadCowKev":1jvmvyf5 said:
And I'm getting nervous - haven't raced anything since 1996!

Agree 110%

But, I keep reminding myself this is 24hrs.....not a 1 1/2 hour mad dash!Doesnt stop the butterflies though!!

I used to race XC lots. Coming to an enduro that you have essentially no chance of winning and long drawn out pain is a bit of a slap around the face to be honest. pAcing yourself I find hard. Need to stop myself going like a Tw*t and ending with stomach cramp after the first lap (always know when you have gone for it when you suffer ;))
But, different sort of fun. Sociable and much more relaxed. Ideal as you get older :LOL:

I wouldn't worry too much. I only ride enduros and its fun to chill out a bit on the climbs and chat to people. As you are not actually racing the people next to you after the first few laps everyone should be fairly relaxed other than the few Pro teams who will be trying to shoulder you into the scenery to get past.

ON YOUR LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!

gump":2ftqbn8n said:
pAcing yourself I find hard. Need to stop myself going like a Tw*t and ending with stomach cramp after the first lap (always know when you have gone for it when you suffer ;))
But, different sort of fun. Sociable and much more relaxed. Ideal as you get older :LOL:

Thats what I'm worried about; pacing. When racing, I always blasted for a good position and then just hung on. Cant really do that with enduro.

I am hoping its fun and sociable........and that I've done enough training :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back