**OFFERS kona lava dome 1994 - OFFERS**

jonny76

Dirt Disciple
**New home needed ASAP as have no space to keep it - offers anyone??!!??**

if anyone has garage/shed space and has a few quid to spend then this is for you!!!
1994 Kona Lava dome, really sorry to see it go but time and space means it has to!! (i will add some more pics very soon!)

I bought it approx 12 months ago. The reason was that I always wanted one when I was a kid but could never afford it, so when I saw this I thought it was something I could not miss out on! Fast forward 12 months and about 20 miles of riding it is time for it to go!

The spec

1994 Kona Lava Dome - size 18 DB Cro-moly frame, project 2 forks, impact headset, sugino impel 400 chainset, lx hubs, with bontrager BX-3 front rim and mavic tib 230 rear, LX rear mech, sachs plasma front mech, x-lite alto pro bar ends, and all the other stuff you find on a kona, impact headset, dog collar, race light levers and cantis etc, and some little purple touches NOS pills and bottle cage bolts and a flite saddle!

Before I bought it, it was (wording from original ad – sorry!!) “stripped cleaned, degreased, regreased rebuilt and polished, that’s hubs and headset, it has newish bottom bracket, new chain, new blackspire granny and new middle ring, new z max tyre. Some purple bling added, all new inner and outer cables. New wellgo pedals”

It is still very much the same, I have ridden it about 20 miles on road and canal towpaths. But after more miles in a van (2 house moves!!) and no time to use it, its time for it to go to a new home. Hopefully someone who will use it for what it was made for!!

There are some bad bits, missing decals from shifters (but they have been polished and mounts resprayed by the pervious owner). The cranks have also been resprayed by the previous owner with three coats of paint and look as good as new. Also 4 spokes on the rear wheel are bent from chain going behind cassette and the rim has two small rock bashes. The wheel is smooth and straight and true though. The frame and forks have marks as some surface rust as you would expect frame something as old as it is.

I think that covers it all, but any questions please let me know.

Now for the final bad point, price!! I am looking for £150 (collection only – near Wolverhampton)…..any questions please ask.

Thanks
Jonny76

Attachments

• aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 1,534
hiya mate, i think you may be over estimating how long it will take to wrap a bike, I've actually spent less time wrapping a bike than I have a seatpost in the past...
1. pick up (adult sized!!) bike box for free from Halfords, local bike shop etc..
2. undo stem using allen key and remove
3. remove pedals + wheels
4. bung everything in the box, placing pieces of card in to separate bits to avoid scratching etc..
5. if you don't have time let buyer arrange collection using senditnow.com for £13 anywhere in the UK
6. count the reddies you just made from selling your fine steed :D

hi baj

thanks for the advice.....i wish i had the time to get out to get a box etc, but with work, travel and home stuff i only have about 2 mins a week to do anything else so it really needs to be collection only!

Latest posts

Back