Obama. Yes We Did!

Re:

I was a big fan in the beginning and a supporter of Obamacare and appreciate many of his plans were blocked by the senate but i was dissapointed with much of his foreign policy, his ineffective action against ISIS in the eary years, allowing their C to spread too far and wide, unnecessary warmongering with the Ruskies, not improving race relations at home etc. He's highly charismatic and i think he became too focused on his image and legacy towards the end of his second term. He scrapes a C from me. I think his wife could do much better :D

Of course, I declined to mention my greatest influence B.O. (Before Obama.)

_87242962_derek-griffiths-bbc1.jpg

Re: Re:

Harryburgundy":ziyysk0w said:
Slick, educated and on paper, the man.

As much as I want to say I like him, he's been a disappointment.

A very polished actor, but by all accounts and conclusions, a charlatan thru-and-thru.

Re:

k-rod":3l6jjbv9 said:
Harryburgundy":3l6jjbv9 said:
Slick, educated and on paper, the man.

As much as I want to say I like him, he's been a disappointment.

A very polished actor, but by all accounts and conclusions, a charlatan thru-and-thru.

By all accounts and conclusions?

Dear, dear..

"Fifty-six percent of Americans approve of the overall job Mr. Obama is doing as president – the highest since December 2012, shortly after his re-election, while 36 percent disapprove."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-appro ... news-poll/

Re:

proves my point exactly (how slick a salesman/actor he is). ;)

If you go back and listen to all the platform promises he made prior to being elected, and then actually look at all the steps and decisions he implemented during his presidency ... the facts will tell their story, loud and clear.

k-rod":c2j7vg0q said:
proves my point exactly (how slick a salesman/actor he is). ;)

If you go back and listen to all the platform promises he made prior to being elected, and then actually look at all the steps and decisions he implemented during his presidency ... the facts will tell their story, loud and clear.

Will be interesting to see what results Trump gets, by comparison. I estimate they won't compare favourably, if by some miracle he survives as President for a full term.

Having said that, I don't know how the American system works, but from what I gather, a lot of Obama's ideas were quashed by people around him. House of Representatives, or Senate? Maybe some of our American members could enlighten me on how the system works over there.

Mike Muz 67":285rc09f said:
Will be interesting to see what results Trump gets, if by some miracle he survives as President for a full term.

from what I gather, a lot of Obama's ideas were quashed by people around him. House of Representatives, or Senate?.

re: Trump - heck ... judging by some of the on-line 'chatter' going on out there ... if he survives up until the inauguration date.

:facepalm:

re: Obama - ya ya, I heard that angle on it too ... but if one actually considers the fact that whatever he really wanted to effect, he simply picked up his pen and signed off an executive order for it ... then that argument just doesn't wash.

:shock:

Sometimes the truth is immensely difficult to countenance.

:!:

k-rod":2r2gmlhg said:
Mike Muz 67":2r2gmlhg said:
Will be interesting to see what results Trump gets, if by some miracle he survives as President for a full term.

from what I gather, a lot of Obama's ideas were quashed by people around him. House of Representatives, or Senate?.

re: Obama - ya ya, I heard that angle on it too ... but if one actually considers the fact that whatever he really wanted to effect, he simply picked up his pen and signed off an executive order for it ... then that argument just doesn't wash.

:shock:

:!:

BUT, can he? Do you know how the U.S. system works?

Latest posts

Back