Not exactly a Classic but soon to be another Rooster's Bike

the45rooster

Dirt Disciple
Hi to you all again. For those of you that had been following my Benotto rescue accounts :- here is another rescue in the throws of progress !!!
A few months ago I acquired a rather nice Steve Goff frame-set in a Metallic Royal Blue. It had been fettled with a file and needed some serious looking-at !!!
The previous owner had attempted to customise the frame and fit a 10spd cassette into a 9spd spacing by filing away some of the chain-stay. It ended up needing more than Polyfilla.
I took the frame to Steve Goff (11miles away in Skelmersdale) and had it repaired and the front derailleur braze-on removed.
The frame-set was the taken to C&G Finishes,Liverpool and given a new jacket in Flamboyant Blue with revised decals in a rather neat script style.
The before and after images are very very similar in colour but the Flamboyant Blue really does look stunning in sunlight.
The frame-set will be rebuilt with the chromed forks - leaving the original ones in-case of a later decision to sell-on.
Roll-on the better weather.

Attachments

• Steve Goff Rs 1.jpg
    Steve Goff Rs 1.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 676
  • Steve Goff Rs 2.jpg
    Steve Goff Rs 2.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 676
  • Steve Goff Rs 3.jpg
    Steve Goff Rs 3.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 677
  • Steve Goff Rs 4.jpg
    Steve Goff Rs 4.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 677
  • RS Steve Goff 1.jpg
    RS Steve Goff 1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 676
  • RS Steve Goff 2.jpg
    RS Steve Goff 2.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 678
  • RS Steve Goff 3.jpg
    RS Steve Goff 3.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 678
  • RS Steve Goff 4.jpg
    RS Steve Goff 4.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 678
Looks lovely.
Will keep an eye on the thread as it will be nice to see it when done.
Keep up the good work and good man for saving it, well worth it, as you already know.

Jamie

Jamiedyer":3kuzpglw said:
Looks lovely.
Will keep an eye on the thread as it will be nice to see it when done.
Keep up the good work and good man for saving it, well worth it, as you already know.

Jamie

Hi Jamie. Thank you for your comment. Yes I will post as the build progresses.
Although the frame-set is a November 08 build ( stamped as SG 2 11 0:cool: making it only a 6 1/2 yr old frame - it is nevertheless a frame with nice lines and fine build features.
Indeed it has similar lines to my recently fully restored Benotto Modelo 850,that is also built with Columbus tubing.
The Steve Goff frame-set is made using three grades of Columbus tubing hence the Designer Select on the top-tube.and when new it would have been circa £600.00.
The frame came with a 1" Thread-less Campagnolo Chorus 'A' headset.
I have most components for the build to commence but currently I am unsure as to whether I should continue along the lines of a modern Campagnolo 10spd set-up with a triple or go with a compact double.
The rings would need to be either 50/34 or 48/32 with a 28T or 30T lowest on the cassette.

I have always favoured the triples and a 50:40:28 or a 50:38:26 gives a good spread on a 12-25 10spd.

Latest posts

Back