NOS Pesenti MTB frame in Germany

Wow, that is a lot on!

That said, you should have plenty of spare parts lying around after that little lot to build it up when it arrives and see how it rides at least!

That's true.. no shortage of parts. I'll peruse through the best ones and try and do a period correct rebuild. The good thing is that AFAIK there are no built up bikes with a specified groupset .I hate it when manufacturers put deficient parts on a bike to a retail price point..
Curve cranks and other curve bits on a 1996 kilauea for example.. I've got a few xtr m900 cranks and m910 hubbed x717 wheels as starters. I have a few full xt m738/739/740 groupsets that would suffice also. I've squirrelled away easton ec90 bars/seatposts/ thomson elite stems/ Thomson masterpiece post etc. Etc.
Not a fan of m737/m739 v brakes.. got m75x and m95x v brakes aplenty with requisite shifters and levers.
Also Chris King headsets(red) and Chris King hubs on x317..
Not in my chain of thought at the moment.
I'll update on here when I'm ready to proceed. The only thing I would require a big think on is forks, suspension likely..rather than rigid. Some marzocchi bombers in red or sids.. Will have to purchase those.

I just bought a Bomber Z2 in red in excellent condition and will overhaul it in the next weeks. Drop me a note, if you are interested or need details.

I've got some z2 in red on a kilauea...see pic.
Could do with another set though 🤔
Keep me updated- 😊

Attachments

• 1629036483604741906842433282245.jpg
    1629036483604741906842433282245.jpg
    550.8 KB · Views: 3
Frame of top quality tubing with exquisite workmanship in mint condition for £100, what a great bargain.
Add shipping about£140. Like I said, didn't expect it.. had a punt. Going to try and do the frame justice.. hasn't arrived yet from Germany.. would be nice to get some feedback from someone who has ridden one of these and how it handles..

I think I also have 2-3 Z2 in yellow, but need to check sliders condition.
Check the condition of the sliders and service if necessary. I weight 65kg.. elastomer/ spring wise.. then give me a reasonable price, am amenable.
I've always preferred marzocchi.. rarely go wrong.. might be tempted by a lightweight Sid fork as well 🤔

Back