Withdrawn NOS estay/ fork sale - don't get too excited!

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I have had this British Eagle Boss style e-stay farting around the garage for ages. It had been paint stripped but never built, instead, rattle can blacked and hung around in storage for god only knows how long. There has yet to be a rear mech fitted.

I say British Eagle but this frame was originally burgundy, not a colour I've seen before

I also have ended with a Tange Big Fork, again, new old stock, never fitted, had never seen a crown race yet stored away for years

The frame is 18 inch

BB shell is 68mm

The steerer is 1 1/4

The fork fits this frame almost perfectly, 1 1/4 too - obviously

I will include a get you started threaded headset

There is a cartridge bb in there suitable for older DX/XT style chainsets

A seat clamp is included

The seat post size is a very handy and now common 31.6mm, a post will be included, not that richey one though, unless you ask nicely

The stem is a brand new lightweight oem with Boss on the side

Builds into a really lightweight combo and has good tire clearance

Sooooo, what am I asking for such a rare combination of knackered old tat?

£1000? Ha!

The price of a new Rollocks Oyster Catheter?

Nay!!

Well it's far to small for me sooo, £59 UK posted?

That's the frame, forks, a seat post, headset, bb and stem wrapped in shame and posted to you

Or you

But not you! IMG_20220620_170724.jpg IMG_20220620_170717.jpg IMG_20220620_170642.jpg IMG_20220620_170623.jpg IMG_20220620_170645.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like it'll be a comfy ride, suits black. It doesn't look like any other e-stay frame, something about the way the stay tube join with the down tube, not normally a fan of e-stay bikes but I like that.

Another colour I've not seen before if that is the original paint.

There were other brands that sold this frame

Back