*NOS Colnago Master Olympic - Campagnolo C-Record Groupset*

foz":20iw38mo said:
That looks very nice indeed! very blingy :)

If you like the saddle and bars like that then fine, but I think it would look a lot better with them a bit more horizontal.

and please please please lose the cross brake levers they completely ruin what is an absolutely fantastic bike :facepalm:

Thank you! Saddle and stem height haven't been set tbh. I knew I'd take ish for the cross levers, but hey, I wanted 'em, heh :)

Thanks for the love/hate!

That's really lovely and such a great build with the C Record.
The only thing I would ask is that I thought the Master Olympic was from 93 through to around 96 when they had to stop using the Olympic due to pressure from the IOC, though there were a few floating around out the back door for a couple of years after this.
I had a 96 Arte décor master Olympic though not with C Record. Yours looks and I imagine rides likes a dream.
Jamie

Jamiedyer":2wxr9no2 said:
That's really lovely and such a great build with the C Record.
The only thing I would ask is that I thought the Master Olympic was from 93 through to around 96 when they had to stop using the Olympic due to pressure from the IOC, though there were a few floating around out the back door for a couple of years after this.
I had a 96 Arte décor master Olympic though not with C Record. Yours looks and I imagine rides likes a dream.
Jamie

Thank you thank you! No, mid 80's on I believe, before getting pressure from the IOC as you are aware :) Rides like a bird flies in the clouds :) Beautifully! I found this from Colnago's wiki:

Master (mid-1980s to present) Mainly constructed with Columbus nivachrome "Gilco" shaped steel tubing with top, seat and down tube drawn in "star shape." "Master" frames went through several iterations from Columbus tubing, Deda DT15V to "Ultimate Superlight" from Tange (Japan) depending on year of production. Variants include the Master Più (198:cool: with internal cable routing on top tube and more chrome, Master Olympic, Master Light (with Precisa straight fork) and the Master Extra-light (2000–2004, dropped 2005, reintroduced 2006) that was visually similar to Master Light. It was re-introduced due to customer demand for an all-steel Colnago and is a bit lighter than its predecessors.

Back