*NOS Colnago Master Olympic - Campagnolo C-Record Groupset*

DRuthPDX

Dirt Disciple
I finally completed my dream bike project! It's a rare Colnago Master Olympic. Mid 80's. Purchased the frame, campagnolo c-record 170mm 52/42 crankset, campy c-record 2nd generation rear derailleur, campy c-record braze on front derailleur, campy c-record aero seat post, campy c-record headset, concor s. marco supercorsa seat, cinelli stem & handlebars, all from a gentleman in Greece. He had been using the bike for his art collection. Never ridden.

From there, I then hunted down NOS parts from all of the world. First were a pair of campagnolo delta 5 pivot brakes. To match, I bought a pair of campagnolo shamal tubulars glued to vittoria corsa cx white walled tires, with a campy 8 speed cassette, laced to campy c-record hubs with the period correct campy skewers of course. From there I found a pair of campy c-record pedals with campy cages. Had to track down the period correct white straps with blue campagnolo logos separately. Found the campy toe strap ends as well to finalize the pedals. For the shifters/levers, I found a pair of campagnolo record titanium ergo 8 speed levers and added a pair of cross levers for comfort. The finishing touches included cinelli tape, colnago bar end plugs, campagnolo record brake/derailleur cable set, campy record downtube braze-on adjusters for the ergo setup, and a chrome campagnolo chainstay protector. A campagnolo c-record aero bottle is on the way.

Whata ya think? Did I do a good job? I'ma wanna be buried with this thing when I die haha!

Attachments

• 05.JPG
    05.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 1,042
  • 04.JPG
    04.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 1,041
  • 03.JPG
    03.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 1,041
  • 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 1,044
  • 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 1,043
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
That looks very nice indeed! very blingy :)

If you like the saddle and bars like that then fine, but I think it would look a lot better with them a bit more horizontal.

and please please please lose the cross brake levers they completely ruin what is an absolutely fantastic bike :facepalm:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back