Northamptonshire rides?? - New pics 14/2/10

unocogero":2oqzkh2g said:
Is it worth the trip over from Bedford when I'm stuck at the in-laws ;)

To be honest it's not a particularly challenging route (relatively flat, and it crosses the main road twice!) and is only 5miles long. For the time being Gruff and I are looking at rebulding some former fitness levels before we look to increasing rider numbers, but in a month or two I'd personally be more than happy to have more people join us. Whether Gruff feels the same would be for him to say, not me.

It really depends how fit you are, as to whether you venture over from Bedford. If you're a regullar rider it's not going to be worth it for you, but if like us you're a pair of un-fitties, then it's a half decent venue for slowly regaining some form of former fitness.

I'll be there again this weekend, but I shall be on my own. . . . .
Steve

I sometimes head out round that way in the sumer when I fancy a change from my usual flatish route round Stanwick Lakes - Woodford.

It's a nice forest to ride round for the casual rider.

A few new pics from my 'lone' ride today :)

CroMegaDX_31_1_10004.jpg

CroMegaDX_31_1_10006.jpg

CroMegaDX_31_1_10003.jpg

Steve

The old astars looks great Steve, making me miss mine already and i've not even posted it yet.

How do you like the ride of the estays?

Cheers Mark,

Honestly it felt really heavy after last week's Aluminium escapade, but all-in-all I got to say it was a nice smooth ride. Definitely notice the difference on climbing tho!! Had to adapt my ride technique tho, to avoid the heels of my size 11's hitting the E-stay :oops: :roll:

So another ride today, and the mud was just like a brown porridgy quagmire, that stuck-to, and clogged every part of the bike. :twisted:

Fell off more times than I care to remember, but that's part of the fun, isn't it?

Some pics:
Before:
90AlMegaDX010.jpg

Definitely after!
90AlMegaDX014.jpg

90AlMegaDX013.jpg

90AlMegaDX015.jpg

90AlMegaDX024.jpg

90AlMegaDX027.jpg

90AlMegaDX026.jpg

90AlMegaDX025.jpg

90AlMegaDX030.jpg