No Spend Transcend Sunday 9th June - Peebles

zigzag

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Following on from a wee Strava discussion over the weekend - Off-piste Glentress (or possibly Cademuir). Bring your goggles, full-face lid and enough fist-bumps to last the day. Bro.

As if...

Hoping to tackle some of the more interesting off-piste trails, so do expect some steepness. I'll do a bit of scouting and see what's rideable and what's way too scary for me and we'll take it from there.

Looking at Trailforks, contenders include Cock Nostril, Mast of Zorro, Five Year Plan and Mild Peril. A Trail Fairy Plan / Plan B mucked with my head last year, but conditions were pretty grim... Carl's Lane, Trounh Chinh, Ho Chi Minh, Zoom or Bust, and then down off the fort at Janet's Brae certainly is in the running with about 350m of descending, but I think we've all done some/all of it before. It is a tremendously fun run though.

Planning on doing this the same weekend as Transcend since clubby has a free pass, and since they've moved over to Innerleithen, my expectation is that Glentress should be relatively open (although it does look like they're planning to use parts of Glentress in the 'Epic' https://tweedlove.com/events/the-transc ... kend-2019/). Possibly have to play it by ear a bit on the day.

So Sunday 9th, Peebles. Time TBH.

Re:

Looks like 5 year plan is being used, so that corner is probably a no go. Mast of Zorro always been tempting , just a bugger of a climb back out.
Hopefully more of an idea nearer the time when final details come out about the races.
Never done the Fort trail or Janet’s brae all the way into town.

Re:

Yes I'm up for this :)

I have a Flexstem and Hite Rite, is that Enduro enough for you?

:LOL:

Re:

in the diary as well. happy to mince round some of these more gnarly trails watching you cycling gods send it big and getting loads of air :shock:

Re:

I remember DaveDH showing us some of the Janet's Brae off piste. ZZ tried to follow Dave when his skill/bravery/suicidal risk ratio maxed out and was left behind. Some of the stuff Dave road I found very difficult to scramble down on foot :shock:

Re:

Never said I was coming along, which I'm not. I don't do extreme stuff as I have zero skill at that level but extreme fragility. Have fun but I'm way too feart fer that milarky.

Re: Re:

velomaniac":r804b9yk said:
I remember DaveDH showing us some of the Janet's Brae off piste. ZZ tried to follow Dave when his skill/bravery/suicidal risk ratio maxed out and was left behind. Some of the stuff Dave road I found very difficult to scramble down on foot :shock:
I remember that! I've since figured out a more mincey route, although still steep-ish in places. There's another trail from the fort off to the right that I don't think we've ever ridden, so need to give that a whirl.

Also, there's a new final descent that takes you down to Soonhope burn that has a couple of steep corners that freaked me out first (and 2nd) time I tried it, but made it on the 3rd attempt. Baby steps...

Re:

I’d be happy to show you the Cademuir trails, some of these are a bit spicy and the climb is relatively short...

You have Decade (crazy steep) DangerMouse, Crazy steeps with drops, RTt, Kamikaze, and Cademuir DH

I’d be happy to do a day there for anyone, it’s about half the height of GT but just as much fun

Latest posts

Back