No Nonsense Heavy Duty Degreaser

retroJIM

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Just a quick post to recommend this stuff from Screwfix. This Chain and Cassette were absolutely filthy with years of ground in oil and dirt. I initially tried scrubbing them with Muc Off drivetrain cleaner but gave up. With this stuff I just soaked them overnight and look how they've come up. Not bad for ten quid. :cool:

IMG20220531200103.jpg
IMG20220531200109.jpg

If you're soaking then fractionally cheaper @ around £8.50 for 5 litres is petrol... my never let me down failsafe! I tend to also filter my big pasta jar of petrol every so often so it keeps going and going :)

This is what I use for cleaning up bits to sell. However I be careful not to use it near anything repeatedly as it is very strong. Best to dilute if using on anything painted as it takes the colour off.

If you're soaking then fractionally cheaper @ around £8.50 for 5 litres is petrol... my never let me down failsafe! I tend to also filter my big pasta jar of petrol every so often so it keeps going and going :)
How does it go with carbonara?

I dilute this stuff 50/50 with water, and it still does a great job.
only thing i'd say with doing this is avoid long soakings as you'll rust parts with it containing water.... with my petrol jar I only use it for chains/cassettes and tend to leave them in 24-48hrs. I use a 90degree large pick (a spoke will do) to hook them in out of the jar. Once out I give the item a few squirts of Elbow Grease and a stiff nylon brush, purely to wipe away residue of petrol etc and then rinse all away spotless every time (except for customers who have used Muc-Off Dry Lube repeatedly for months and not cleaned off - not even petrol fully shifts this stuff after 2 days soaking, I now NEVER recommend it).

I've been using the screw fix degreaser to clean an engine bay... its good stuff.

Back