Next project has arrived - Rigormootis

DKFan

Retro Guru
And I just can’t understand why you would have such a fantastic frame and maintain your bike so poorly…this is going to be another slow-burner

Attachments

• IMG_7537.jpeg
    IMG_7537.jpeg
    417.4 KB · Views: 49
Cool , I ride moots pleased you sourced one … a bit of decal scuffage seems acceptable to me … or were there more significant technical issues? … Moots offer a full-on frame refurb. - refinish service if you can bear cost parting with it and send back over to Steamboat Springs.

Am guessing this is the fairly compact rigor mootsis which was up on ebay recently?

Enjoy the build up process and the riding even more, they are amazing bikes for engineering / craft & ride

Cool , I ride moots pleased you sourced one … a bit of decal scuffage seems acceptable to me … or were there more significant technical issues? … Moots offer a full-on frame refurb. - refinish service if you can bear cost parting with it and send back over to Steamboat Springs.

Am guessing this is the fairly compact rigor mootsis which was up on ebay recently?

Enjoy the build up process and the riding even more, they are amazing bikes for engineering / craft & ride
Oh yeah - the decal scuff is nothing, it’s the rest of the build and frankly I kinda assumed the worse and wasn’t surprised. The frame itself is in good condition.

phew! … moots are immaculate frames!(obvs. am super biased here 🤣🤣) looking forwards to seeing how build-up develops😎

Just that one pic?
Yeah. I’ve stripped it down now - ready for the build. It was the one on EBay but really quite considerably worse than the images suggested, dry, worn out bearings, knackered running gear etc, very dirty etc, hence my original post. I get it that it’s been used as intended which is cool, but jeez, why wouldn’t you maintain it properly

Some people have no clue though and just ride it without maintenance
or sometimes even cleaning and lubing things
Well indeed - but you would have thought if you bought a Moots you would be more sympathetic.
I sorta admire it and don’t get it in equal measure.

Back