New season..its nearly here!

Re: Kimi World Champion

Harryburgundy":grwj7yqj said:
I think you may be right there....its going to be a close call though, and lets face it, he only won last year 'cause Hammy and the team made some silly mistakes.
:roll: :LOL:

Kimi made only 1 crucial mistake (in Monaco qualifying) during the season and without his 2 mechanical DNFs, he would have been in a very different situation in Brazil. Hamilton did not have any DNFs because of the technic during the season if I recall correctly.

But still I have to say that the boy can drive! Hopefully Kovalainen will be a hard match for him in the sister McLaren car.

Be interesting to see how the Alonso/Piquet Jnr relationship develops at Renault. Nelson Piquet was a great driver!

BMW could spring a suprise or two - huge resources!

Any 4 wheeled motorsport will do for me :D

Hamilton will probably have a harder year this year than last (IMHO)

Should be quite a good year with no TC allowed

I also like more WRC, but F1 will be nice for this season, Finns will win all the time...
Neener.gif

Couple too many wheels to get me excited, though the politics is amusing. Definately good to see a rookie like Hamilton mixing it up a bit though.

MadCowKev":2ue2r6qb said:
Be interesting to see how the Alonso/Piquet Jnr relationship develops at Renault. Nelson Piquet was a great driver!

BMW could spring a suprise or two - huge resources!

Half right there Kev.

BMW will be the suprise of the season, very close last year and they will close the gap again this year to the big two. Kubica is going to be a dark horse this year.
Piquet on the other hand is there because of PR and Daddies pennies. Sure he can drive but he doesn't have the hunger for it- silver spoon springs to mind.
I must admit, this is the first time in 20 years I have got excited about F1 season. The politics, Ferrari V McLaren, BMW and Williams catching up, Brawn at Honda (with Carte Blanche to do what he likes and the chequebook too!) lots of talent coming through, some dead wood removed (Ralf!). Its going to be a classic year.
My prediction? Kimi and The Scuderia. Kimis driving style will suit a lack of driver aids. Massa will struggle early on. Button will shine in the wet with a (still) crap car (too late for Brawn to do anything with that dog of a car this year)- remember he is probably the best wet driver now zer german has left* McLaren will take time to recover from Spygate- look at mistakes that team made late last year- will take time to recover and get their heads straight again. Don't get me wrong the car will be superb but the team???? Hammy and Kovalainen- well thats just going to be interesting and I think the Finn will suprise us all.
Whatever happens its going to be a cracker of a season!

*Zer German has been doing a lot of testing this week with next years aero package and slicks on a red car.mmmmmmmmm interesting :shock:
Oh and Max Mosley is going to get the chop too this year!!! :LOL:

I dont see the point in F1 , it is so boring it is unreal .
Do F1 drivers actually drive or the car computer does it for them ??

I am like Cherrybomb , i much prefer the Dakar and WRC .

cchris2lou":3pbmtfvv said:
I dont see the point in F1 , it is so boring it is unreal .
Do F1 drivers actually drive or the car computer does it for them ??

I am like Cherrybomb , i much prefer the Dakar and WRC .

:shock: Blimey, I'm actually speechless :!: I mean, who do you think controls all those dials on the steering wheel, just how much g force do drivers experience for up to 2 hours..and...and ..and...oh I give up :!:
insert...shaking head smilie. :LOL:

Back