New Loch Tay thread - Sunday 1st October?

Re:

I'll be retro road with downtube shifters on my newly aquired 531 framed 1988 Raleigh Quadra. I will , however , change the gearing to suit the hill

Flying Scot Mr P :)

I will be there for sure :)
Merckx or Mercian, all depends what is ready, I was hoping to have the Jack Taylor all ready for this but due to other crap eating my cash, bike spending is on hold for now.

Jamie

I'm interested in going, but Oz sister will be over doing a book launch and apparently I'm her chauffeur.

So it's a weak maybe.

I'll bring something classy like a Pompino. :)

Hoping to be there, most likely on the unrestored Schwinn Varsity but not going drop bars, my neck cannot take it.

Re:

So , two weeks tomorrow . Who's coming ? I tried to drum up a few of my bicycling associates however they'd obviously heard about MacRetro days oot and decided not to attend :(

Re:

Sorry not been on here for a while, been into cars and spending too much time on Facebucket, Up for this, was out today for the first time in ages and did no bad, will either bring an 89 Dawes Stratos or a 2015 Boardman CX Comp.

Re:

Me and Panda 4 still looking good plus a chappie from the FS group plus Jamie I think and Velo and Epicyclo's a mibbee. Need to chase up Gazz.

Clubby, Jimo and Rado also possibles.

I'll msg the FS chap as I think he stays in/near Embra so maybe a lift share opporchancity for Velo.........

I will definitely be there mate. Not sure yet what Machine to bring, will most likely be either the Merckx or the Mercian.
I will speak with Brian as I may be able to pick him up on the way through as I should be able to fit 2 in Heathers car. Due to having Heathers car though, it will be a down and back in one day for me. So think of me when setting a start time ;)

DSC_1573 (2) by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Jamie

Re:

Schwinn is as heavy as a tank so decided maybe too heavy. So back into shed and rooting about for something else. Lots of useful bits but no suitable frame so quick bit of ebaying and 24" Ribble aluminium frame from early ish noughties bought for £25 delivered and very fast delivered I must say :shock:

So plan is flat barred styled road bike using a 1 x 7-9 speed (not decided yet) drive train that means I might not be trailing along at the back.

Provided my motor regains functionality (flat battery and ecu gremlins) I will not be needing a lift.

Still not sure I can do 50 plus miles though :?

Back