New hardtail...Cotic BFe

Thanks - it does work better with the 20mm axle. Those old bombers are pretty stiff bearing in mind they only have 32mm stanchions. It is indeed pretty good downhills.

I was thinking about selling it for a bigger one, but I quite like this teeny one. I think it looks ace and it rides pretty well (for mucking about stuff).

The chain device is a Superstar Plasma - it works really well. At fifty quid it's really hard to justify the extra cost of an E13 or an MRP. It's a bit noisier than the E13 that I ran on my SX/Rune but seems to hold the chain on well enough.

Does look like a super fun bike to ride, I would have got one if fork travel wasn't nn issue.

I'll look up those chain tensioners as that price is good, I couldn't believe how expensive some of the e-thirteen and mrp ones were!

And it's gone...

I didn't really make much effort to sell it, but did chuck and advert up on STW. I got mucked about by one chap so kind of forgot about it until a chap got in touch who had a Stanton Slackline and asked if I wanted to swap. He was just down the road and we've bumped into each other in the local woods so I decided that I didn't have much to lose. Although I did feel a bit gutted about the BFe going because although I didn't ride it much, I did love that bike.

I'll get a thread up for the Stanton when I can get sone pics bit I think it'll be more of an all rounder and will therefore get more use.

Oh interesting twist!! The whole bike or frame? Stanton bigger size. Be Kern to know differences. Mines not even built back up yet.

reanimation":eaqcrubb said:
Oh interesting twist!! The whole bike or frame? Stanton bigger size. Be Kern to know differences. Mines not even built back up yet.

Just the frame, seat clamp and post.

The Stanton is a 16.5 inch so I can just about get the saddle to a descent pedalling height and it's a tad longer too. It's a much more svelte frame so I've had to lose the Diabolus stem...and have nicked the Thomson stem from her Chameleon.

I may also have accidentally bought a pair of Z1 Anniversary forks...

Have you got a Stanton as well?

No Haha over my new project quota now. Rode my mates small green Bfe though, against my super small 46er Rhythm and it felt small and vulnerable but lower bars and xc rims and parts part of reason. So happy with my tanks at mo. But my mates new mate and mechanic apparently has the titanium Stanton! Lovely. Z1 huh, nice choice. Mine are staying on for now. :idea: ;)
You're right chunky stems look odd on steelies even chunky ones. Same dilemmas...

Ah ok, it was just when you said that you hadn't built yours up yet!

Well I had to as you clearly weren't going to sell me yours! And they went for so little on eBay it was rude not to. I may well keep the 130mm Z1's on it first to see how it rides before changing them out.

I gave mine a massive clean in October, and planned to fit new parts, and maybe buy new wheels. Winter has been grimey and my ideas keep changing!
I will finally update my thread then armed with clean poshed up pics. then get it mucky!

Oh sounds like a baragain. see how you get on. I may consider the Z1's in future if you rid :)

Are you still after some Hope wheels?

I'm considering selling mine to buy some Easton wheels so I can run tubeless...

Ah... Well I am considering lashing on some pro2evo flows, superstar tech 3 AM wheels were put forward as a half price option.

Back