NEMBA Results

Nick 32sixteen

Dirt Disciple
Does anyone have any NEMBA results from 1992 to 1997, either as scans, or paper copies they are prepared to lend me to scan?

Oooh, that'd be interesting...

I know we've had a few people on here reminsicing. Do you remember who the main organisers were?

Mr K

Look forward to seeing my name propping up the bottom of the results sheet on a number of events :shock:

yeah ive got a few left Catterick 92,Hamsterley 92 , kentmere 92 ,Langbaurgh-on-tees 92and final results , Langbaurgh 93 and finalresults and cheshire 94 . let me know your name and cat and i'll findit and scan them for you .

Not just for me - for everyone

mrkawasaki":17f56btv said:
Do you remember who the main organisers were?

drystonepaul":17f56btv said:
Wasn't Brant Richards involved in some capacity?

I think the main organiser was Graham Longstaff, who also did the early years of Polaris (and if rumours are to be believed have just taken it back). Brant Richards was involved, as were various other clubs and their members. Phil at Cheshire and Peak was also one of the main culprits.

danpiero":17f56btv said:
yeah ive got a few left Catterick 92,Hamsterley 92 , kentmere 92 ,Langbaurgh-on-tees 92and final results , Langbaurgh 93 and finalresults and cheshire 94 . let me know your name and cat and i'll findit and scan them for you .

That would be great. I was after decent scans of the whole programmes - I have access to Adobe Acrobat so I was planning to turn them into searchable PDFs so that they'd be accessible to anyone with an interest in them.

For the OCR to work on them they'd ideally need to be at 600x600dpi, because the text in them is so small. Those are are going to be big files before they are OCR scanned.

If you don't want to scan them I'll happily pay postage to get some photocopies which I'll run though a decent scanner.

Nick 32sixteen":2z2p7v9l said:
Phil at Cheshire and Peak was also one of the main culprits.

Does anyone know what happened to Cheshire and Peak MBC? I joined back in about 1998, did one ride with about 3 other riders and then never heard anything ever again. When I tried calling the club president, all I got was his grumpy Mum telling me that he didn't live there any more.
No newsletters or nothing. I think i must have joined right at the very end.
Are there any former C&PMBC members on here who know what happened...?

drystonepaul":d8u8rkqc said:
Does anyone know what happened to Cheshire and Peak MBC?

The main man at Sideways Cycles, Tim Johnson, was Cheshire & Peak so may know. I'm sure it was Tim that brought the barbecue for the weekend when we* were setting up at Peckforton.

* I wasn't part of the NEMBA crew, but I did help with setting up and marshalling a few times.

Did this searchable PDF database happen ?

All these memories must be an incentive for someone to turn all this old stuff into a website somewhere..so we can all hang onto a bit of our youth

Back