Neither a bicycle nor a motorcycle

Awaits all the e-bikers with the usual .....

“It’s a proper work out, my heart is beating loads”

“I only have it on 10% assist”

“I get to ride for longer and further than you”

I understand that ebikes help people with situations which wouldn’t usually be able to ride to manage to get out. But that is a small minority as most just don’t want to put the work in that a ride requires.

The latest craze seems to be e-cargo bikes. Massive, long wheel based, 35kg-heavy beasts with huge loading areas in front of them. Completely unrideable without e-assist imho. Hogging shared used paths and bike lanes. Just another method for fat arses to skip a walk and carry their fat behinds on a vehicle.
Don't see what's so environmentally friendly about them. Loading the electric grid to haul heavy steel around...

Think on the bright side - when everybody jumps on their ebikes in 5 years' time, we'll have all these modern frames selling for peanuts on ebay, so we can fill our sheds and garages with even more framesets.

Oh wait, carbon frames ain't going to last 5 years, are they 🤪

E bikes have a place.... unfortunately they're are misold because of stupid over regulation on out put. There is no point making them with only 36v and max 350w.
I can assure anyone who has a go on mine.....your heart will be racing your blood will be pumping! But no it will not go further than I can on a push bike. Not without stopping every 70 miles for four hours charging. But! 35 miles in an hour is quite handy when it's only cost 45p and you gotta be somewhere pronto 👍

E bikes have a place.... unfortunately they're are misold because of stupid over regulation on out put. There is no point making them with only 36v and max 350w.
I can assure anyone who has a go on mine.....your heart will be racing your blood will be pumping! But no it will not go further than I can on a push bike. Not without stopping every 70 miles for four hours charging. But! 35 miles in an hour is quite handy when it's only cost 45p and you gotta be somewhere pronto 👍
Racing in terror Mike 🥵
🥵 :D :D

Just buy a motorbike if you want higher speed / output etc.

E bikes will be the downfall of the pushbike. No wonder there was talk of requiring insurance and registration on all bikes as these just give them extra ammunition with every dick blasting around the local estates on a Surron.

I wonder if before you are allowed to buy a Surron you have to show them your tracksuit, balaclava, gold chain , Staffie , quad , etc

Back