Narhay's 1991 Rocky Mountain Fusion

Narhay

Devout Dirtbag
I picked this Rocky Mountain Fusion up to do a bit of a rehab project. It will probably go at cost to a coworker who wants to throw some slicks, rack and fender onto it to commute to work if they like it and it fits. It has obviously been used but from what I see it looks like it had been regularly maintained (until the end) by a mechanic as evidenced by fresh grease in the headset and hubs, the replacement rim, etc.

Specs:
19" c-c seat tube
Cro-moly butted tubing
Shimano Deore LX cranks
Shimano Deore LX front & rear hubs
Shimano Deore XT rear derailleur
Shimano Deore LX front derailleur
Ritchey Vantage rear rim
Araya CV-7 front rim
Shimano Deore LX U-2 rear centerpull brakes
Ritchey Logic front cantilever brakes
Ritchey headset
Gripshift shifters (I don't know what they are...perhaps someone does?)
Shimano Deore brake levers
Rocky mountain stem
New grips
New KMC chain
Kenda Klaw 2.1 tires with ~100km on them
Satellite SDG saddle
Kalloy seatpost

Here's the link to the 1991 Rocky Mountain catalog:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/d/4 ... tain91.pdf

Before:

After:

hi
a tidy rider. your co-worker should be happy.
i did a same year fusion for a co-worker awhile back
to ride in the park with his kids. he loves it.
he got a way better bike than he could have got
from store for way less money.
roy

Nice job Narhay. I love the close up shots. Very solid bike. Also love the old school, XT derailleur- a work of art in itself! -f

Thanks. Everything on it is working very well. Of course when you get into the closeup shots you see some grime and wear you wouldnt normally with the naked eye but so it goes. If it becomes a commuter it will be filled with grime shortly anyways.

You sure that's a 91? I had an 88 or 89 which came with the u-brake, but I thought they dumped the u-brake for cantis front and back by 91. Definitely a mixed bag of bits on it. I loved my old fusion - beat the crap out of it and it just sucked it up. If it wasn't for that damn u-brake I would like to get another.

agreed that prob wouldn't be later than 90 with u-brake. :?

decent rider none the less. ;)

just had a look at the catalogue and it seems the Fusion was the only model to retain u-brakes for that year. :?

Latest posts

Back