nah nothing

orange71":1n8607nq said:
compare and contrast??

xlyoeddychameleonvu4.jpg

xlyoeddychameleon2ui1.jpg

The paint is very close if not identical, but the yo and wicked are two different animals from my limited experience. Funny, I think I mentioned on a thread on here how I wanted a Fat in that color scheme, then two weeks later, tada, there was my chance :eek:

ameybrook":1n8607nq said:
GoldenEraMTB":1n8607nq said:
So far, we are all fairly sure this isn't a 1990 or 1991? Is it possible it has the wrong labels? Not a wicked lite perhaps?

Strange one
. A 90 Wicked would likely have a W in the serial (both my 89 and 91 did).

Maybe a Fat Chance model sent back for repaint? Strange they would ad the Wicked Lite decals. Head angle would tell whether it was a FC or WL.

Definitely a strange one...kinda made me want to get it more. What's the best way to determine head angle? I don't have a protractor, and was never much good at math.

It doesn't seem like a respray, so I believe the paint is original...or very well done.

I definitely want to get to the bottom of this.

Harryburgundy":1n8607nq said:
Luverly.....beautiful colour :cool:

purplewicked":1438fq4n said:
is there a threaded BB? the wicked lite has a threaded BB plus top tube cable guides.

The bottom bracket does not appear to be threaded, but I have yet to take it apart.

The only cable that runs along the top tube is the rear brake cable.

scant":1s2h3mv0 said:
orange71":1s2h3mv0 said:
and if you ever want to sell that frame remember me :D I love the chameleon paint job.

yeh the paint. looks like a later (again FAT) respray. i dont believe they were doing that paint scheme on that early a frame?

The more I look into this bike, the more I think you were right, scant- it seems like an earlier frame, with a later paint job....but why respray it with a wicked lite decal......more research must be done.

I really want to get to the bottom of this, and know definitively what fat is it.

Looks a lot like this bike:
http://www.mombat.org/1990_Fat_Chance.htm

and someone else wrote this up:
"I could not be happier with these bikes.

The Wicked was purchased new in 1989 by another bike messenger, and was the first Fat Chance i ever rode. I own the exact same bike three people later, and while it has been abused and overused, it is a great machine, that allows me to roll trails faster than most of my buddies, and it climbs like a Mt. Goat.

The second fat Chance was purchased by my friend off of Ebay, then sold to me. it is a single speed also, with the G.P. Wilson lugs and dropouts, and the bullet stays.

While I questioned this bike as a regular one to ride, it turns out that it is even finer than my other one, off road and on. My research has told me that it is one of the "unusual" bikes built between 1989 and 1990, that were neither a Monster, a Wicked, or a Yo. it is much lighter, more nimble, and tracks better than the Wicked I own."

http://www.mtbr.com/cat/bikes/frameset/ ... 19crx.aspx

Back