Mystery Raleigh Frame - RRA? Probably not...

MrW":1g5vnmn8 said:
Record Ace, definitely.

note the cable guides... :D

Yours has had a decal 'upgrade' by the looks of it!

Brill - cheers for that, I think you've got it spot on.

I guess the serial number discrepancy is just an oddity.

I'll post a few pics of it once it's been re-finished and rebuilt. I've bought all the parts to rebuild it in original Record Ace spec, or nearly anyway as it'll have 700c wheels and probably a Brooks Swift saddle.

Cheers for now!

There isn't a serial/frame number on the back of the seat post is there?

I see what also looks like a postcode on the BB

Re:

Thought I'd just update this thread as I've been fairly busy.

After confirming that this was an 80's RRA, my customer decided he wanted it rebuilt as closely to RRA spec as possible but with a couple of concessions to modernity. I've pretty much sourced all the correct period components (I love working with the 80's alloy parts) and prepared them for the rebuild. Some need just a little polishing to make them look as good as possible.

Whilst I've been doing that, the frame has been off to the powder-coaters where it's benefited from stripping and a fresh coat of RAL 5024 gloss blue.

Just need to build it up now!

Oh - one other thing that I've got to sort out is the decals. Must get hold of some Reynolds 531 tube/fork badges and also get the Raleigh Record Ace ones printed on clear vinyl.

Had an hour before the missus got home from work so managed to get it half built. I'm awaiting a couple of brake hoods and also found that one of the adjustment screws on the front dérailleur has sheared off so I'll get another one of those on order.

Latest posts

Back