My WIP - framebuilding too

I used silver solder rather than braze, it costs more but melts at a lower temperature and wicks in a bit better.
must get on with it, would like to be riding it this year.
Pete

It's almost done. It's at the LBS for facing, reaming and thread-chasing and I'll build it up tomorrow for a pre-paint test ride. Still needs fork cantilever mounts and a lot of filing and cleanup but I'm on the home stretch.

Great work guys, I love to see people making there own frames. Although they are brand new, they can be classed as 'retro' as they are sort of replicas. Exactly the same thing happens in the car & motorbike world.
I have a future project planned where I want to build a 'retro' style frame with carbon fibre tubing & machined aluminium lugs, and build it up with all old components.
I have the tubing, but its a long way off at the moment.

Imadeitmeself":wsqr4yko said:
I have a future project planned where I want to build a 'retro' style frame with carbon fibre tubing & machined aluminium lugs, and build it up with all old components.

Cool. It's too bad that work, funds and family get in the way of important things like retro bike building.

Looks great!!!
"It's at the LBS for facing," which shop is your LBS?
I was an OBB guy when I lived over there.

Cheers,
Mike

Hey Mike, I go to Fairfield Bike Shop. I've been going to them for 20+ years; one of the mechanics/owners builds frames so they stock lugs, tubing and fittings.

Oak Bay Bikes is where I got my '93 Bontrager frame and I used to ogle their Bridgestones.

Hey Ted ,
Great job you've done there mate . Show us a pic of it built up pre paint :cool:
I bet you can't wait to give it a ride ;)
Mike

Back