My Ugly Duckling - '95 Fisher Cronus

IMG_20160326_141104982_zpstas8slax.jpg

:evil:

That bodged "split" cut to the front could do with ending in a drill-out to stop it continuing to tear downwards into the metal tube :S Might even be possible to do this "after the fact". (Tube splitting down vertically could be nasty, its' probably less likely to break off horizontally, as the seatpost adds strength)

Unless your local Evans is better than mine, they probably will just sneer at an old bike, point out it's faults then try to sell something...

Re:

That will probably be OK if you use double-bolt seatpost clamp, with a long-ish seatpost. The paintwork looks too nice to remove in my opinion, but that's just me. I prefer battered original paint over a sparkling repaint any time. Will make a nice bike. :D

Re: Re:

andyz":1um2e114 said:
That will probably be OK if you use double-bolt seatpost clamp, with a long-ish seatpost. The paintwork looks too nice to remove in my opinion, but that's just me. I prefer battered original paint over a sparkling repaint any time. Will make a nice bike. :D

That's kinda what I was thinking about the paint, nice and original but a bit ropey. Shame about the bar end chip on the TT as being right on the fade that'd be a nightmare to touch up :/

Will try and ride it for a while and decide from there.

i always love discovering what new things can go wrong with a bike when i buy something off the local classifieds...
...i've never had squeezed seat tube, but i have had "too big seatpost hammered in" twice (with little damage done, fortunately)
why do they insist on using the wrong seatpost? i have no idea...

Back