My rather sad Klein MC1 Project

Responses

Thanks for all the responses guys.

I do like the linear fade colours but if you are going to spend the money on paint it should be a statement I guess. Still can't decide. I need to see some in the flesh.

I am after as short a stem I can get with a rise. I guess 135 is the shortest. A 150 zero degree would not be comfy for me. Maybe when I was riding in 1993 but not now. I guess beggars can't be choosers.

In relation to the hanger I have ordered a DMR chain tug with built in hanger. If this can be made to work I will then get a template made and have something machined. I tried looking at a massive range of stock hangers but nothing seemed close. As the rear area is so strong on these even drilling and helicoiling a plate with hanger would be really strong. The adroit is drilled in any case.

All suggestions on the hanger or working solutions welcome.

Thanks again guys.

Hope rear TI Hub

Hope came back to me and confirmed that the TI hub in the picture is their first single speed. Top marks to that man who knew as much.

These wheels will make an appearance on here soon and I will be looking for a good set of wheels from around 1993 with 8 speed XTR compatibility as I have a NOS cassette in the man cupboard.

Cheers

if it were mine i'd go for the dolomite paint, an mc 1 stem/bar went for around £250 on ebay recently. i think you'll need deep pockets to pick up an mc 1 stem/bar. good luck finding one.

Re: Responses

Baldyz1":35282lq3 said:
I am after as short a stem I can get with a rise. I guess 135 is the shortest. A 150 zero degree would not be comfy for me. Maybe when I was riding in 1993 but not now. I guess beggars can't be choosers.

Thanks again guys.

I have a short MC1, I think it is a 110 or 120 10 degree. It is short, but it is a MC1. Let me know if you want to see pictures.

Back