** My Original Alves Returns!! **

Re:

oh dear, got a couple of pics sent to me today, it's looking in a sorry state..... :cry:

i took the front wheel off it years ago as it had a nuke proof carbon 28 hole hub, but left the rest. :oops:

from what i can tell it's all as i left it, other than the front wheel, tyres, seat post, saddle and brakes

the P2 forks, looks like it still has the campag rear hub, and the same stronglight headset, stem and bar ends, the bars might even be black hyperlite if i remember correctly! :cool:

looks like i'm gonna have my work cut out! :facepalm:

Attachments

• alv3.jpeg
    alv3.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 435
  • alv2.jpeg
    alv2.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 435
  • alv1.jpeg
    alv1.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 436
Re: ** My Original Alves Returns!! (potentially.....) **

Shame its in that state considering how I imagine you gave it to him, but hey! your getting your original Alves back.
A fresh blast and powder coat will have that looking like new.
But if its too much for you, I have a crisp £20 note here I will personally come down and give to you for it. ;) (it is showing rust after all ) :LOL:

I think it looks great. :D :cool:

Jamie

Blast and powder called for. Another grey bike.

I'll raise you to 22

Re:

thanks Jamie! yeah, i think that's the best option. you can just make out the weld that was done at the base of the seat post clamp, so will try and tidy that up a little.

THM, i'm thinking i might go fluo..... :LOL:

I like this story and bike, good luck with the old lady. Signing up for the fluor paint update :D

Re:

it's home!!! :D :D

was a bit of a shock, i didn't realise just how long ago it was that i had this made, but here's the proof!

Attachments

• 1991.jpg
    1991.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 335
Re:

as an added bonus, it looks like my original Hyperlite bars from the Alves will solve my problem of finding bars for the L168 stem on my other Alves! I was looking for some X-lite Titanium bars, but i reckon i'm just gonna use these instead, happy days! :cool:

Attachments

• lite.jpg
    lite.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 327
  • hyper.jpg
    hyper.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 327
Re:

spent a wee while giving the chrome rear end a quick going over, looks not too bad for 25 years old!! :D

Attachments

• chrome.jpg
    chrome.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 321
  • frame.jpg
    frame.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 322
Looks pretty bloody good to me, certainly not needing a repaint.
That's just my opinion of course, you most likely want it back looking like how you used to have it.

Jamie

Back