My Old school Hardtail Freeride or simply my Tank-ass

Norland_Cycles

Dirt Disciple
Hi everyone!
I'm Gravity Rider by nature, but for life circunstances, I moved to Finland wich lack of big mountains, specially Kouvola, that has some little 50 seconds DH trails in the little ski center, but most likely is an urban scenario with some nano hills good for trail riding.
I needed something with less travel but not less extreme for my everyday riding, urban assaults, trail riding and some long range patrols. Then I decided that the configuration would be a small Hardtail with a long travel fork, and very strong components.
I got as payment one not so old 2006 NS-Bikes Bitch frame in a beautyful aquamarine color, with 1st gen Saint Crankset.
Then the color, although not same, reminded me the old Bianchi Peregrine, then ringed on my head the idea to throw the bigger possible quantity of Old School components made between 1998 and 2002.
As fallen from Heaven I got a very good deal for a 1999 Sintesi Bazooka (C.Herin Replica) with most of it original components from 1999. Then (some people will hate me or thing what I did is a Sacrilege but) I transfered most of components from the Sintesi to my Tankass project
The result was most than I expected, a bike that goes to almost everything, without getting tired climbing or pedalling long distances as on my official DH bike.
Here are some few pics of the experiment.
My DH Bike, the 1999 Bazooka and the naked Bitch
p4pb9163627.jpg

Here is my Tankass Project ready!
p4pb9175506.jpg

This blue tyres worked almost perfectly in the snow!
p4pb9300071.jpg

Burly tyres Configuration
p4pb9569113.jpg

Single Crown Z1 MCR fork for long range patrols.
p4pb9647246.jpg

Thanks for watching and Don't worry about the Bazooka. When I find a 1998 Super T and a set of Sun Rims Phat Albert Rims I will start that project.
Cheers!

Back