My obsession with cranksets

deralex":1dr0xm56 said:
GoldenEraMTB, I think I have a lightweight body. I´m 5´10" weighting 138/139 pounds but I still prefer forged stuff. Just take a look at he parts Keirin racers are using. This NJS certified stuff is oldschool but it holds up. These guys are performing so many more watts than I am able to. A track rider I know (he was a pro) told me that the best track crank is a Sugino Grand Mighty. Basic stuff. High quality square tapered forged aluminum. No nonsense. Cool.

I can't remember the last time I weighed 138. 170 was the best power to weight ratio I ever had with my body type; I will get back there before the year is done. Marriage/Fatherhood/Injury and my own self-neglect have left me at 210 right now. Excellent point on the powerful track guys and cold forged aluminum.

deralex":1dr0xm56 said:
After all riding is more important than buying (and I don´t sell).

Mind if I use that in my sig? If I had my druthers, I'd never sell a thing- hate it. Buying has been set aside for this year; I will focus on riding.

After this last batch of items fs
your quote will be my motto :D

deralex":1yz4rf8u said:
Finally, here´s a picture of some of my cranks.
There are MTB, road, bmx, track and tandem cranks made of aluminum, steel, titanium or carbon. Most of them are made in the 1990s but they cover 100 years.
Enjoy.

Is that a Propellor or a Breezer Vortex crank ?

What a collection :cool: Do you have all of 'm as complete sets ?

Would like to see some 'close up' pics of some of 'm...

Hi mvd,

it´s a Breezer crank and yes, I have the left cranks for all except of two.
The cranks picture in my gallery is larger insize.
Sorry, only friends got the real deal (full size).

Alex

I just picked up 3 titanium bottom brackets. The Phil Wood will go with the Caramba, the Hadley will go with the purple Turbine, and the World Class will go with my Syncros steel crank. I'm guessing that since Hadley made GT's hubs that they also made GT bottom brackets--they look similar to each other anyway.

Attachments

• brackets.jpg
    brackets.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 4,290
Back