My Mountain Goat '91

Love the older steel boutique frames...pure class

Nice job mate and as mentioned...money well spent :)

goat

Chris":15u2mbd5 said:
Where did you manage to find a nos goat frame?

It is a corker by the way ;)

I found it some years ago in germany,

I know a nice Goat stem would be very very nice!

Wow, you were able to find a NOS frame in team colors... was a bike shop using it as a wall decoration or something?
Back in 1991 that frame cost a fortune, so I can't imagine what you paid for it in NOS condition 20 years later. Very nice find!

And in my own opinion, I think you have the perfect balance of black/chrome on your components. It looks pretty similar to what I remember them looking like back in the day.

Great job putting that thing together as well. The only addition I'd make is if you can find a pair of Mountain Goat Granola Bar bar-ends, or even the 'low-cal' versions. That would complete the front end perfectly (though it looks great as-is).

I have a pair of those bar-ends on my 90 Diamond Back Axis and they're still sweet to ride after all these years.

My buddy has a 93 Mudslinger that he recently rebuilt, and had repainted in team colors directly from the guy who worked for Mountain Goat (he's a local). It has a mix of XTR and CNC components (from what I remember), much of which he also had refinished when he rebuilt the bike. The best part is he's the original owner of the bike and he purchased the frame in 1994, and nearly all the components are original.

Our local bike shop (who participated in the rebuild) is using it as a wall decoration, and they've had several serious offers to buy it, but they decline because they don't own it. My buddy doesn't want to part with it either... it was his baby back in the day, and still is.

I'm hoping to get a few pictures of it out in the wild here soon, and I'll make sure to post a little pictorial when that happens.

Once again, very nice ride. Lookin good. :cool:

Cool build! I think you're alternative for the MG stem is really good. And great job on all the NOS stuff!! Only thing I would change are the hubs, black instead of silver(As BB said)

Do I dare to ask if you're gonna ride it? Oops, I just did...

Latest posts

Back