My MM10 build - Saracen content Updated with new pic

Tad

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hello folks,

As requested, an updated pic and spec of my MM '10 build. It's nothing fancy, it was designed to get me round not as a blingy garage queen. I did want to get it powder coated before Mayhem but time didn't alow, I'll get it done at some point over the summer, the paint on it at the mo isn't brilliant and very delicate. A nice powder coat will take some stick.

Full spec:

Frame: Saracen Kilisomethingorother. Built by Saracen but the S on the back of the seat tube is filled with braze. Ritchey drop outs, Tange Prestige tubing (I reckon).

Fork: Kona TB P2 390mm A/C

Headset: Shimano DX
Stem: Control Tech
Handlebar: Ritchey ProLite
Grips: Race Face

Brakes: Sram 9.0 V brakes (these are just lovely)
Brake Pads: Jagwire
Brake Cables: Shimano XT
Brake Levers: Shimano XT

Shifters: Shimano DX 7+1 thumbies
Front Derailleur: Shimano XT M735
Rear Derailleur: Shimano DX with Avid Rolamajig
Derailleur Cables: Shimano XT
Cassette: Shimano HG70 11-30T (8 speed)
Chain: Shimano IG70
Cranks: Shimano XT M730
Crank Bolts: Yes there are some
Chainrings: TA 24T granny with Acor single speed 36T middle (shifts fine) Race Face bash ring.
Chainring bolts: Campagnolo with Shimano XT granny ring bolts
Bottom Bracket: Shimano UN-54
Pedals: Shimano

Hub Skewers: Shimano XT
Rims: WTB XC Dual Duty
Hubs: Shimano XT M373
Nipples: hee hee, nipples
Spokes: Sapim DB all round, I'm only a 56kg light weight
Tyres: Panaracer Fire Trail XC Pro. 1.8 rear 2.1 front
Tubes: Specialized

Saddle: Ti Flite
Seatpost: Syncros
Seatpost Binder: random form the 50p box in my local Halfords

Cheerio!

Attachments

• Mayhem build '10.jpg
    Mayhem build '10.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 1,072
Loving the paint :cool:

Is the seatclamp integral to the frame? Does look it :(

If not, then I have a hanger you could have. Same as done on my Protrax here:
img00300_708.jpg

Pickle":2mcx6ahv said:
Is the seatclamp integral to the frame? Does look it :(

Alas it is :( it's forward fitting too :cry: I have a hanger that fits between the clamp so I can't use that either. I had toyed with the idea of sawing it off and using a separate clamp, I quickly ignored that plan. It looks like I'm sorted for Vs now though, they'll stop far better so na bad thing.

GG I'll do it proud.

It will defo go faster with you aboard than it did when I rode it at The Wobble. Freezing cold, huge hangover, loads of climbing and 1 gear, not an experience I intend to repeat ;)

Going to look a nice bike.

If the seatstay bridge has a central hole, could be possible to fit a rocker like on Pace forks, or even a hanger similar to those found on Kona P2 forks.

XTSTIMAN":1iqe5ojt said:
If the seatstay bridge has a central hole, could be possible to fit a rocker like on Pace forks, or even a hanger similar to those found on Kona P2 forks.

That's what I've done on my commuter, used an uphanger on the back, unfortunately it's not going to work with this one, Vs it will be which is no bad thing, they'll stop better.

Have you got any shots of the completed bike Tad?
It was great to see it in action during your MM solo epic. Well done again. :cool:

Back