My lovely Condor Baracchi 1995

N-plus-one

Devout Dirtbag
Here's my offering for the thread. A beauty of a 1995 Condor. Apart from the saddle and the pedals, all the parts are period: Campag throughout.

Highly geared, she's great on the flat (and downhill naturally) but makes legs ache on anything other than the slightest of inclines.

I love the Shamal wheels!

Attachments

• condor - chain side.jpeg
    condor - chain side.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 82
It would look better if you replaced that seat post with a silver one... and sorted out the bar tape gaps around the shifters and put the quick release buttons back in on the levers... and took off the big saddle bag for the photos.

It would look better if you replaced that seat post with a silver one... and sorted out the bar tape gaps around the shifters and put the quick release buttons back in on the levers... and took off the big saddle bag for the photos.
Agreed with all the above. It would also look better with the Pyrenees in the background, instead of being in my kitchen!

Still a lovely bike though ;-)

but makes legs ache on anything other than the slightest of inclines

So nice, love straight forks maybe swap out the cranks for some compact campag 10 speed centaur and start spinning up the hills?

@Kempes @Captain Snort - many thanks. It is a beautifully-fabricated bike. I too love the shape and the chrome! I won't be fitting a compact sprocket though. As per my user name, I have other bikes that can be used in the mountains. I managed 4 of the Tour de France cols this summer, but not riding Condor.

Well done on the cols! I have a 1990 condor with the delta compag brakes. I’ll have to post a pic of this when I have a moment but for the moment all I can say we have great taste in bikes 👍

@Kempes @Captain Snort - many thanks. It is a beautifully-fabricated bike. I too love the shape and the chrome! I won't be fitting a compact sprocket though. As per my user name, I have other bikes that can be used in the mountains. I managed 4 of the Tour de France cols this summer, but not riding Condor.
Impressive, my 90’s Condor doesn’t get much further then a hilly loop of the Kent Alps unfortunately.

Impressive, my 90’s Condor doesn’t get much further then a hilly loop of the Kent Alps unfortunately.

Bonjour Kempie! I'm a Celt living in The Charente, France. It's reasonably hilly here! I ride a 10 speed Motobecane at the moment, but I've just creamed a red Paul Milne for 75 euros! See my post. Good riding! Ben N

Attachments

• IMG_20230828_172546~2.jpg
    IMG_20230828_172546~2.jpg
    918.5 KB · Views: 16
Back