My first road frame but for a city bike ;-)

bduc61

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
A friend of mine found a nice road frame in Columbus EL - the lightest columbus tubing which was "soldered brazed" soudobrasé in french ;). As it was my size, I grabbed it and had it repainted to do my first build on a road frame ( had only MTBs until now even as city bikes)

frame from an unknown old french road pro turned builder "didier louis "

frame is 1.78 kil for a 54 and fork is 650 g !
possibly beginning of nineties

had these as an initial jigsaw

P1020192.jpg

and made the following choices

see the result :cool:

build in a 1X8 with a bash
a lot of Dura Ace 7400 - the rear derailleur - chainset - BB - headset - brakes
ultegra hubs on mavic open pro rims
a TTT stem, shimano 600 seatpost
swift brooks with titanium rails
and a XCpro Suntour thumbie which is very smooth - much more than a comparable ultegra on a paul mount

will try to transform a lock on grip with ostrich leather to match the saddle
but even if the brooks is second hand - I don't find it very comfortable - how many miles needed to get accustomed ? :shock:

it changes me from my MTB frames as the position seem to me much more forward and an OTB would be easy ???

but first impression is that it is quite fast :cool:
weighs 9.53 kilo ( but with heavy pedals both flat and automatic)

P1020196.jpg

P1020197.jpg

P1020198.jpg

it just needs the basket, pannier rack, bell and chain guard to finish it off :)

seriously though, lovely, lovely job. despite the north road-esque handlebars it looks VERY fast with that road bike riding position ... a wolf in sheep's clothing ...

it just needs the basket, pannier rack, bell and chain guard to finish it off Smile

Agreed! With those north bars and a front rack it would make a killer porter bike! Great job!

Latest posts

Back