My experience of Paypal and e cheques

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Bought an item off ebay last week and paid by paypal, the next day I noticed it had gone as an e cheque, never had this happen before, contacted the seller and informed them of this, their response was they did not want to wait for an e cheque. I suggested they cancel the payment and I would try again, this again resulted in an e cheque which was again cancelled and I finally paid by bank transfer.

Last night I went to get some money out of one of my accounts and it said insufficient funds, this was due to both e cheques been taken out of my account which was several hundred I have now been charged £25 to let the transactions go through and £25 overdraft charges.

Apparently according to paypal the reason for the e cheques was because my bank card runs out this month.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Its also worth being warned that e cheques still come out of your account even if cancelled.

Alison

They should have e-mailed you telling you that the cards were going to expire. They did me. Twice

I just wished the bank had sent me a new card, apparently there has been a problem and I've had to now cancel my existing card and wait for a new one next week.

Alison

Girly hadn't used her paypal account for years so the cards had expired. When she needed to send some money her son wanted it sent to him through paypal..not sure why

she contacted paypal to activate her cards again but somehow they signed her up for paypal smart card which operates like a credit card operated by g.e.

it now is the default payment when using paypal with no way of changing it back to non default other than clearing the card. contacting g.e. to cancel the card..then allow a few weeks for the thing to close properly

paypal says that there is no option to have multiple payment options but set the ones you want taken from first.

Needless to say we have now payed off the paypal smart card and in a few weeks when the next statemet shows clear we will contact ge to cancel and remove the card then hopefully we can go back to using paypal as it used to be.

Back