my Enduro - a painful story

Dead Rats":3b4w9mxw said:
that's cruel looking bike (in a good way), FF32s are on my wish list but out of range right now after all the repairs... was it '05 when Spesh brought out the new design? I read up a lot about the '02-'04 design and plenty seem to prefer it to the '05+ one it seems. The only thing I have to compare it to in my group of friends is an '09 Stumpy FSR which is a good bit nippier (and quieter given it doesn't have my noisy freehub)! I'm still getting used to mine tho (ie still getting used to fact that I can rag it as hard as I like!!)

Thanks mate!

Yeah, Spesh brought out the new model in 2005 which was much heavier and had longer travel. At the same time they updated the Stumpy to 120mm so it was closing in on old Enduro's territory. The 130mm Enduro was and is still a superb machine and it's no wonder if many prefer it to the newer models.

Nowadays the Stumpies have 140mm of course and the Enduros 160mm.
Also the previous model of the Enduro, the SL (2007-09) is a dog. It's downfalls are lousy fork (when equipped with E150) and rear shock.
But the new 2010 Enduro is said to be awesome.

loving that, very nice machine. i had an '01 FSR XC COMP (the blue and white one) and i thought it looked the dogs, then a guy pulled up riding an Enduro and i was in love

Get some Magura Menjas on there sharpish! Really good forks for next to nowt!
The going rate for year old ones is about £150. Rubbish seals, so fit some Fox ones, and really easy to work on (Easier than Bombers TBH!). Lovely and stiff too. Oh, and my 130mm ones are only 100g heavier than my 65mm Pace P38 Airforce Race! In fact, they piss all over Pace in every respect.

Back