My Coyote HT5 Ultralite build

mine is a 27.2 with a 31.8 seat clamp. i had a 26.8 but was a bit loose. i used a 26.8 on my old coyote dual slalom - sorry for delay in replying

Nice bike and thanks for the info. What fork have you got on there? Stem and handlebars? Sorry, just relly interested re my build.

i got RS Judy XC set at 100mm, stem is a RF SyStem 90mm 10 deg rise, handlebars RF low rise bars 25mm rise 8 deg layback, seatpost is RF XY with 1" layback (i like RaceFace!)

don't mind sharing what i got on my bike, not much info available for these bikes - nice to know i am not the only one that thinks these are greta frames. previously i had a coyote dual slalom and i still remember what i had on that.

I want to run a rigid on mine and I'm looking at 440mm fork, equivalent to a 100mm sus.

How does you 100mm handle? I have seen a lot of builds with 80mm's.

Still running about in this. Still have the rather out of place LX cranks. Other than the tyres are now both 2.1 as could not find the 1.9 at the time and considerably more scratches, all is as it was when I built it. Still a cracking bike in my opinion :)

alex1981":1hqrvhs1 said:
To satisfy my curiosity, can anyone confirm the date of the HT5?

I have a formerly silver/black HT5 amongst my spares which i believe to be a 2001 frame if that helps.

That does help, thank you :) I guess they would only build each frame for a year or two before the next came out, so it gives a good idea of the date.

W.Ford":1ca00z1u said:
alex1981":1ca00z1u said:
To satisfy my curiosity, can anyone confirm the date of the HT5?

I have a formerly silver/black HT5 amongst my spares which i believe to be a 2001 frame if that helps.

Yup. Can confirm 2001 is the correct year for the black/silver. They were advertised in back copies of What Mountain Bike magazine from that year.

Latest posts

Back