My 94 Bonty RL

Should have known nothing slides past Hollister (The holder of all that is Bontrager).
Actually there are four more things incorrect with this build-not counting the new grips/barends/tires.

Lid":2r4vivc4 said:
Actually there are four more things incorrect with this build-not counting the new grips/barends/tires.
avid straddles and ?

(bonus points for correct cable routing)

uh

1994 would be XT M737.

http://www.firstflightbikes.com/shimano.htm

But

If this way, front brake pads are later long version, seat and post would be Bontrager/Titec. Also were stock on 95's. fork would be a Mag21. Looks like a M737 Headset.

Bar stem is ultra clean. Versions also out there with single lable Hyperlite and natural colored Race Face bars.

As Hollister pointed out - exc job on doing cables right.

Shame on the TT decal though.

Supra clean build, no matter what.

Re: uh

mrorange":2kpxydu3 said:
1994 would be XT M737.

http://www.firstflightbikes.com/shimano.htm

But

If this way, front brake pads are later long version, seat and post would be Bontrager/Titec. Also were stock on 95's. fork would be a Mag21. Looks like a M737 Headset.

Bar stem is ultra clean. Versions also out there with single lable Hyperlite and natural colored Race Face bars.

As Hollister pointed out - exc job on doing cables right.

Shame on the TT decal though.

Supra clean build, no matter what.

ladies and gentlemen..

the man, the myth, the legend

mr.O

(seen a few of those bonded/pinned RF versions, way less than the hyperlite though)

Ok the Correct answers are:

Well the first correct answer was by Holister a few months ago when he pointed out that the frame was not a 92 but a 94.
Even though I had bought the frame myself it appeared that my past was incorrect and Hollister knew more about when I purchased my bikes than I did. Unfortunatly I had procured alot of my parts by then ie 92 M730-735.
So pads are M730 "Ding" correct
The headset is also 92 M730 "Ding"
Uk bikes were sold as frames but I feel that the correct post for this bike should be the Titec/Bontrager (was that with the finger turning dial at one end?).."Ding"
I had the top tube replaced and think that not having the Gusset is such an obvious flaw..."Naaarp"
The other really anal item would be the paint, it isn't powdercoat (get a life!) And the XT pedals.
Of interest is the oversized brake cables...or lack of. The Prof says in his owners manual that he does not like them and encourages one not to use them, so didn't (still have the manual).

I think MrOrange won.
Why do I feel like MrPink all the time?

Back