Mutiple splatter paint kona content, page 18/19 for latest builds

Muddy paw":2jmo5ilm said:
Yes it hadn't gone a miss about the frequent build changes nor had it gone unnoticed about your retro bike OCD :facepalm: :LOL: but yes i'm pleased to see you did the decent thing regards the spec after removing the XT parts and i'm most certainly interested to see this Montana build as i use to love how they looked bitd and it's been a considerable amount of time since i've seen one ..
II parts ..

The Montana has a cool look about it doesn't it,shame they came with weird 1" steerers ie there not 1" more nearly 1" ,they're a swine to find a stem for :LOL:

OCD kick in again,on the levers and cantilever arm where Shimano is hard stamped i had to make it black so it would stand out more,it was bugging me all night :facepalm: :LOL:

So it's now officially finished :LOL:

Attachments

• IMAG3510_1.jpg
    IMAG3510_1.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 608
  • IMAG3509_1.jpg
    IMAG3509_1.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 608
Great attention to detail as always Chris - good stuff! :)

Spanky22b":1g9hx2v1 said:
The Montana has a cool look about it doesn't it,shame they came with weird 1" steerers ie there not 1" more nearly 1" ,they're a swine to find a stem for :LOL:

OCD kick in again,on the levers and cantilever arm where Shimano is hard stamped i had to make it black so it would stand out more,it was bugging me all night :facepalm: :LOL:

So it's now officially finished :LOL:

Yes the Montana certainly does but i never new about the stem being a bit shy of the 1" mark as i never had one or new any one that did but who knows i may just rectify that one day if i live that long :roll: ...

Yes i'm glad to see i'm not the only one to think about colouring the Shimano name stamps! although unlike you i haven't done it yet! :facepalm: :LOL: so dare i ask how you managed to get such a neat finish and yes it may come across as a little OCD but i think it looks spot on tbh ;) ..

Re:

ahem - cough cough ... um, you missed blacking in the 'SHIMANO' word on your cable-hanger ... (talk about OCD!)

;)

ps: ya - howdyadoit?

Re: Re:

k-rod":2s2w0ppl said:
ahem - cough cough ... um, you missed blacking in the 'SHIMANO' word on your cable-hanger ... (talk about OCD!)

;)

I was keeping quite about that ;) :LOL: ..

Re:

you can update your ebay add to having seen 5 1989 explosifs for sale:

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2057725/

not sure many spotted this one for sale

p5pb13973641.jpg

I too didn't see this one for sale

Re: Re:

mfhxgram said:
you can update your ebay add to having seen 5 1989 explosifs for sale:

Cool,one place i never look is pinkbike always think it's for more modern bikes.

If it's in Canada i bet Canuck's radar has picked that up.

I wonder if it's been resprayed in its life,the splatter looks to uniform and the Joe Murray writing is a different colour to my two,mines in yellow that one is more reddy/purple. And looking back at photos of my 1990 bikes i had,the Joe Murray lettering on the toptube and headtube is red :?

Re:

there was one on here that was a 16 that had no splatter - wonder if this it it with updated splatter :?

Back