Music - Mix for Bob

al-onestare

BoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Apart from bike fiddling and obsessing over 1997 Kona's, I also dabble on the 1210's. If you fancy listening to something a bit different, ranging from from well known established pop gems to lesser known electro numbers spanning from the mid 1970's to 2013 then have a go on the link below. I put this together in celebration of me meeting Bob Stanley (one third of Saint Etienne) late last year:

https://soundcloud.com/alonestare/mix-for-bob-v3

Tracklisting:

1. Harvey Mandel - Baby Batter
2. Kavinsky & Lovefoxxx - Nightcall
3. Haim - Falling (Psychemagik Remix)
4. Kajagoogoo - Hang on now (Extended version)
5. The System - You are in my system (Extended version)
6. Shit Robot - Take 'em up
7. Paul McCartney feat. Stevie Wonder - What's that you're doing?
8. Natasha King - AM-FM
9. Human League - Love action
10. Prince - Erotic city (Make love not war erotic city come alive)
11. Scrimshine feat. Inga-Hill Aker - Warm sound (Aaron Jerome remix)
12. Kate Bush - Running up that hill (12")
13. Prommer & Barck - The barking grizzle (Detroit Berlin)

Feedback appreciated (and apologies for any wonky production levels)!

makster":38f5pw22 said:
Downloading now :D

Thank you - hope you like it.

The History Man":38f5pw22 said:
Loving uma and kate. Nice job

Cheers - rest easy please! You're story isn't totally disimilar to mine. Four years ago I ran for my train and felt very unwell afterwards. My heat rate was all over the place. I got to work and still felt wrong but carried on until lunchtime...I went to the gym. As you do. I nearly collasped on the treadmill, showered, had lunch went back to work, still felt wrong.

I spoke to my then (now ex) GF who promptly told me to get back home immediately. We went to A&E and 8 or so hours after I first felt shit, I was diagnosed with AF. Not as severe or serious as a heart attack but for a 30 something male, pretty rare.

I spent a night in the heart ward with people 3 times my age was pumped full of some soul destroying drugs - having your heart stop for 8 seconds is something I really don't want to experience again - and wired up like a cyborg. My fear of needles disappeared that day.

It was the kick start to get proper fit and four years later I'm about 3 stone lighter can run sub 2 hour half marathons (got the Brighton marathon in April) and cycle like a bitch on heat (ditched the train commute completely). (I also completely changed my life and am in a much better place).

Anyway - just take it easy and when you're back operational, keep up the fitness!

Back