deralex":1fevhew3 said:
Oh dear:
PICT0195geschnitten.JPG

Fifteenth from the left please.

Re: Re:

The History Man":r8ohnftw said:
deralex":r8ohnftw said:

Fifteenth from the left please.
As far as I can remember the 15th fork is slightly used. The NOS SIDneys are #20+21 by the way (this picture was taken some years ago, because there is no Sid Beijing).
And take a closer look at #25 (and maybe #4 + #22), please . Compared to these the SIDneys are mass-produced.

Oh, yes, I like RockShox forks. My first ever suspension fork was a Suspenders System II. A AMP F1 was second. Then came a Judy FSX. Compared to the Judy the first two were crap.
Got the first Sid in 1998. Rode others, especially loved my Marzocchi Z2 but right now all the front suspension at the bikes that are used is done by SID forks (+ 2 rigid ones).

@Kona-Ian: The white SIDney forks are limited Y2K Olympic models. 500 were made. Some were given to the sponsored riders the others were sold. In 2004 the SID Athena was the Olympic model (#23), 700 were made. In 2008 the Sid Beijing was given to the riders sponsored by RockShox. Got my first Bejing directly from SRAM. The offered about 20 leftover forks at their website. Otherwise none was sold officially as far as I know. The only exception were some forks for a Orbea replica of the Gold medal winners (Julien Absalon) bike.

However, no fork is for sale.

Re:

You guys no your forks help needed I have a 92 alpine star can anyone tel me the shocks on it as these have no bounce anymore and need to find replacement parts or new shocks

Re: Re:

Bungle":2ogv4kta said:
You guys no your forks help needed I have a 92 alpine star can anyone tel me the shocks on it as these have no bounce anymore and need to find replacement parts or new shocks

without a picture to help identify the forks/shocks it's going to be pretty difficult to help you.

Start a new Topic in the "MTB Chat --->1997" part of the forum & include a picture of the forks that are on the bike at the moment.

Re:

Looks like Retrobike and Facebook had a fight and RB threw out my photos on this thread. I'll drag them out again sometime.

In the mean time, here's today's find :)

p5pb12776945.jpg

Back