Mr. K hits the trails!

...short story. A good friend of mine owns a machine shop (he did all the ealry proto stuff for DB at Manitou. Anyway, his brother is Mike Rust (MTB Hall of Fame). My friend builds ordinary bikes on the side. More interesting pictures on his site.....

http://rmhwonline.com/PhotoGallery.html

...bitd, these guys would enter regular bike races.... and win on their penny bikes! :shock:

Attachments

• Rust_03.jpg
    Rust_03.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 991
Pennies

There's a guy over in East Yorkshire who bikes everywhere on a Victorian Penny farthing, not one of the modern smaller wheeled versions, the big wheel is over 6 foot in diameter, with a gearbox drive and goes at a fair lick, most of the local roadies can't keep anything like up with him,, its not great on sharp bends though! the guy is about 6 foot 10 tall mind you, most folks couldn't even reach the pedals!

Prometheus":kzgcia1y said:
legrandefromage":kzgcia1y said:
I've had her, I made her look like that, she was a bit of a goer...

Her as in 2nd from the right :shock:

Well, I hope you don't mean second from the left!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

'She' is the wife of the guy on the left who is probably the one mentioned by Wold Ranger. I promise not to tell him what's been said. He rides everywhere on an Ordinary. To him, bike development stopped in 1900. He's not very tall, it just appears that way when riding an Ordinary. I can tell you from my experience, it's an awful long way up when you're on one! He generally rides a 54" model which is average. The ones with bigger wheels have the geared drive because otherwise you couldn't get your legs on the pedals - unless you're a VERY peculiar shape!

I was riding a c.1900 Rover with fixed wheel and solid tyres. In actual fact, once you get going they are very smooth and comfortable, the sort of thing you could ride all day - on flat smooth roads!

i love this one......aero bars and clipless pedals a plenty
The latest must have for the 2009 TT season
RidetheRockies5.jpg

Back