Mousemat´s feedback

bought a couple of pairs of forks..

as described and well packaged..

BUT,

the dispatch time was sloooowww.. took a month to get here! one of those weeks was over christmas though, but its still taken three weeks before they got posted

communication of problems was poor.. i've had to chase by PM / email and still havent recieved replies to the last email /PM i sent..

:(

Bought a frame, a fork and some clothes and everything was ok, well packaged and as described but it took a very loooooong time to arrive, almost 2 months after payment... and also not good communications with him to clarify the reason... (I though that it was a cheat)
I will never deal with him, sad but true because he normally has nice retro parts...

This feedback for Mousemat is long overdue. I suggest that everyone be cautious when dealing with him. I feel it would be a disservice not to share my experience with Mousemat to other members here.

I paid a generous price for a Kona Hot frame that was described as 'crack and dent free'. When I received the frame there was a large and old looking crack near the dropout area. I contacted Phil and he quickly replied back. He claimed he didn't know about the crack and he seemed genuinely gutted over it.

Communication was great at first. Phil asked me if I minded that he try and make a claim through shipping insurance. I didn't mind since that is really between him and the shipping company. He asked that I take detailed pictures of the frame, the packaging material, and the shipping box. He also asked that I get repair and paint estimates. I did all of this at his request.

After that I had a local frame builder, Bill Davidson of Davidsoncycles, do the repair work. Phil contacted me again and stated that he was having some troubles in dealing with the shipping company and that they want the frame for inspection. Phil said he will try to work with them and let them know that the frame is now in the US. This is the last I ever heard from him even after contacting him numerous times.

In the end, I have spent an additional $100 for frame repair and around $200 for paint on a frame that was advertised as crack and dent free. I don't mind so much that the crack was initially missed before advertising. I do have a problem with the completely dropped communication from Phil. I am only stating the facts in this feedback so form your own opinions. I, for one, would never buy from Mousemat again.

Back