Mountain Mayhem Returns 2019 let the planning and BS begin

Cloister":2lgv924i said:
Hi. It's been a long, long time since I was last on the RB forums. I'm here to ask some questions about the teams that you guys have entered in to the Mountain Mayhem this year.

1) Are you allowing team entry to non RB forum members?
2) Do you need to have a "retro" bike in order to join a team?

1) Are you allowing team entry to non RB forum members?

I've always had an open mind as other forum members have (in the past) enlisted friends and Family and YOU are a member and its a massive melting pot from all over the country and a fair few coming for the first time. To almost all in the 10 man teams its more the social aspect of things and a shared love of bikes.

2) Do you need to have a "retro" bike in order to join a team?

ref your second question - it would be desirable and in keeping with the forum, but I don't see this as a show stopper as most members own modern as well as Retro - and some of the solo's will only ride modern anyway. However I wouldn't want to dilute the ethos of the team down by any more than the four non retro your suggesting.

just one question from me - with this being a Retro forum and most of those attending hark from the late 1960 - 70's and early part of the 80's - if you guys are millennials it'll be like camping with your dad - who'll be wearing tee shirts older than you and talking a different language - so probably wouldn't be a great fit.

Retro Spud":17brimd8 said:
I've always had an open mind as other forum members have (in the past) enlisted friends and Family and YOU are a member and its a massive melting pot from all over the country and a fair few coming for the first time. To almost all in the 10 man teams its more the social aspect of things and a shared love of bikes.

Thanks for getting back to me on this so quickly :).

ref your second question - it would be desirable and in keeping with the forum, but I don't see this as a show stopper as most members own modern as well as Retro - and some of the solo's will only ride modern anyway. However I wouldn't want to dilute the ethos of the team down by any more than the four non retro your suggesting.

Well, even if I didn't get my ProFlex ready in time I'm more than happy to get hold of another retro bike to use for the event. One of the other riders on my current team that I'm looking to invite raced downhill around the same time I did, and I know he's kept hold of his old XC bikes. I may be able to persuade him to use one of those :). I'll check with the others to see what they want to do. Some of them may just share my bike if I take that.

just one question from me - with this being a Retro forum and most of those attending hark from the late 1960 - 70's and early part of the 80's - if you guys are millennials it'll be like camping with your dad - who'll be wearing tee shirts older than you and talking a different language - so probably wouldn't be a great fit.

:LOL: Ha! That one made me laugh. 3 of the team including myself are in their 40's. The other's are in their 30's. Good point though. It would look a bit weird with such a large age range.

Let me check with the others on my team and get back to you in the next day or two.

I brought my son a few years ago.

He left a different man. Somehow changed. Often caught him staring at the horizon while gently rocking.

And that was before his lap.

The History Man":3j5oqhek said:

He left a different man. Somehow changed. Often caught him staring at the horizon while gently rocking.

Ha! Our Jimmy wants to go next year.... I think he might have been put up to it by Mrs Peachy, to keep an eye on my whisky intake....

The History Man":2opl65u7 said:

They let you have children??? :shock: :shock:

Re:

Hi Guys,

Mahusive apologies for the quiet period from myself, long story, won’t go into it for fear of depressing you all, but I’m back and ready to take on 2019 :D

Jussa

Cloister":2uik6abn said:
I do have an old 1997 ProFlex Attack mountain bike, but it'll take quite a bit of work for me to get it raceworthy in time for the event.

I was thinking of using my Proflex, mine is just a frame at moment so a bit more prep needed from me too :D

Mark

Re: Re:

Jussa":1ai84qly said:
Hi Guys,

Mahusive apologies for the quiet period from myself, long story, won’t go into it for fear of depressing you all, but I’m back and ready to take on 2019 :D

Jussa

Great to have you back in action! :cool:

elPedro666":3cwv88v0 said:
Jussa":3cwv88v0 said:
Hi Guys,

Jussa

Cheers Bud, looking forward to this year, and all the 'Mayhem' that lies ahead lol :facepalm:

Jussa":23qvvlya said:
elPedro666":23qvvlya said:
Jussa":23qvvlya said:
Hi Guys,

Jussa

Cheers Bud, looking forward to this year, and all the 'Mayhem' that lies ahead lol :facepalm:

Actually, after that comment, I take it back :cry:

:LOL:

Back